Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
mbcampers21

Fuel transfer system?

On the Fuzion 373 5th wheel how do you turn on the pump to use the fuel? Where is the main switch? Does the generator have to be running?
mbcampers21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcampers21 View Post
How do you turn on the pump to use the fuel? Where is the main switch? Does the generator have to be running?
Welcome to the forum…someone will be able to help….in the meantime update your user cp and signature to list your year make and model of your trailer and tow vehicle….it will help answer your questions
Old 09-22-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
Essvar

Quote:
On the Fuzion 373 5th wheel how do you turn on the pump to use the fuel? Where is the main switch? Does the generator have to be running?

Model year?

On late models the switch should be behind the locked door next to the fuel station, it will have the fuel level gauge for the aux tank (not generator tank) and the pump on/off switch. The pump is 12v so you do not need to run the generator.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
mbcampers21

Thanks but not seeing it on the 2021 Model, but I'll keep looking.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #5
mbcampers21

Great tip, thanks.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #6
Essvar

Quote:
Thanks but not seeing it on the 2021 Model, but I'll keep looking.

At 2:13 in this video you see the fuel station door with two fill ports on either side of it. The one on the left is for the generator the one on the right is the aux tank. Directly to the right of the fuel station door is a small plastic keyed door. Behind that door all of your questions will be answered.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:36 PM   #7
mbcampers21

I know where the tank and access is but not finding the main switch. The power switch will not stay on.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
Essvar

Quote:
I know where the tank and access is but not finding the main switch. The power switch will not stay on.
Ahhhhh ok, so there is no “main switch” like a lot of other units have. Only the switch at the tank. There is a 12v fuse in The main breaker panel but that isn’t your issue.

Is the pump timing out after 10 minutes or is this happening quickly? Mine had a loose wire nut that was causing it to shut off randomly.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:27 AM   #9
mbcampers21

Thanks. I'll check on the wiring and connections
Old 09-24-2021, 05:39 AM   #10
GMH

Stupid question here. Why two tanks? What runs off fuel besides the generator?
Old 09-24-2021, 06:37 AM   #11
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH View Post
Stupid question here. Why two tanks? What runs off fuel besides the generator?
One for generator and one, with a hose, for toys.
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:01 AM   #12
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
One for generator and one, with a hose, for toys.

Exactly, one 30 gallon tank is dedicated to the onboard generator. You can't pump out of this tank fyi

The second 30 gallon tank has a fuel dispensing nozzle and pump so you can pump fuel directly into whatever you want and not have to carry around a bunch of 5 gallon gas cans
Old 09-24-2021, 07:41 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Exactly, one 30 gallon tank is dedicated to the onboard generator. You can't pump out of this tank fyi

The second 30 gallon tank has a fuel dispensing nozzle and pump so you can pump fuel directly into whatever you want and not have to carry around a bunch of 5 gallon gas cans
The bolded comment is a real concern this time of year (for people who winterize their RV). Not only can't you pump out of this tank, there is no drain on the tank in most RV's. That means the "ethanol enriched fuel" pumped into the tank this year will be "next year's fuel problem"... If you do put "ethanol fuel" in your tank, treat it when you pump it into the tank. Much of the "ethanol fuel" starts to deteriorate within 30 days. So, filling the tank in April and treating the fuel in October when you winterize the trailer, well, that may not protect your generator "next year"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:50 AM   #14
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The bolded comment is a real concern this time of year (for people who winterize their RV). Not only can't you pump out of this tank, there is no drain on the tank in most RV's. That means the "ethanol enriched fuel" pumped into the tank this year will be "next year's fuel problem"... If you do put "ethanol fuel" in your tank, treat it when you pump it into the tank. Much of the "ethanol fuel" starts to deteriorate within 30 days. So, filling the tank in April and treating the fuel in October when you winterize the trailer, well, that may not protect your generator "next year"....

Very good advice here. It's for this very reason that I NEVER put corn fuel in either of my tanks. Even though I can pump out of one, I don't run corn in my small engines out of an abundance of caution.

Treatments can help but I've still seen issues with treated fuel, I just bite the bullet and pony up for Ethanol Free fuel. Luckily I can still get it at the pump (92 octane) for less than $5/gal here in Oregon.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:58 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Very good advice here. It's for this very reason that I NEVER put corn fuel in either of my tanks. Even though I can pump out of one, I don't run corn in my small engines out of an abundance of caution.

Treatments can help but I've still seen issues with treated fuel, I just bite the bullet and pony up for Ethanol Free fuel. Luckily I can still get it at the pump for less than $5/gal here in Oregon.
Marathon stations around this area sell "Recreational Fuel" which is 89 octane "alcohol free fuel". It is the ONLY fuel that I'll buy for any small engine and for my boats. Since I started using Rec Gas for small engines, I've not had to rebuild a carburetor or change out "gummed up fuel lines" in the 10+ years of using "alcohol free gas". Prior to that change, I was working on small engine equipment every spring, just trying to get it to run again. Now, "first or second pull and it's running".... Marathon sells it for about $1 over the price of regular, or about 50 cents more than premium, both of which contain 10% Ethanol.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #16
aktmracer

Quote:
Thanks. I'll check on the wiring and connections
Did you ever get it resolved? My 373 has the same issue I think you were trying to describe. I press the on button, it lights up then the off button lights up never activating the fuel pump. I simply unplugged the 4 pin plug from the backside and plugged it back in and worked fine for that one use. I have had to do it each time to get it to work. If not raining this weekend I’ll dig deeper into it.
KTM’s…
aktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:45 AM   #17
Bigpoppa05

[QUOTE=aktmracer;481035]Did you ever get it resolved? My 373 has the same issue I think you were trying to describe. I press the on button, it lights up then the off button lights up never activating the fuel pump. I simply unplugged the 4 pin plug from the backside and plugged it back in and worked fine for that one use. I have had to do it each time to get it to work. If not raining this weekend I’ll dig deeper into it.[/QUOTE
I’m in the same boat
Bigpoppa05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:49 AM   #18
Essvar

[QUOTE=Bigpoppa05;491572]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktmracer View Post
Did you ever get it resolved? My 373 has the same issue I think you were trying to describe. I press the on button, it lights up then the off button lights up never activating the fuel pump. I simply unplugged the 4 pin plug from the backside and plugged it back in and worked fine for that one use. I have had to do it each time to get it to work. If not raining this weekend I’ll dig deeper into it.[/QUOTE
I’m in the same boat

I ended up having my switch replaced under warranty.... it works every time now. No issues.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:58 AM   #19
Bigpoppa05

[QUOTE=Essvar;491573]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoppa05 View Post

I ended up having my switch replaced under warranty.... it works every time now. No issues.
I figured it out. I press and held off for 10 sec. Both lights flashed then ON would stay on after I pushed it. Anti theft ?
Bigpoppa05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #20
haulinit

I have a 2021 Fuzion 428 that I'm having the same issue with. I had to put five gallons out of a can in the generator tank because I can't figure out how to get the pu p to run. I'm going to try holding the switch down tomorrow.
2021 Fuzion 428 Toy Hauler
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel