Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2022, 06:24 AM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikemechanic53 View Post
A good thought, but this is an RV dealer we're talking about. If it didn't work when it came in, it isn't going to work when they push it out. Their 'inspection guarantee' is only about inspecting everything. No written statements about actually fixing anything.

So I expect to repair/replace whatever needs it after I pick it up. I was mainly interested in questions about known structural problems leading to body failure and/or leaks.
They do have to inspect the trailer as far as dmv, safety and tagging it for the road…any tire ,axle or lighting issues I’d make sure they fix immediately before you sign

And yes they won’t repair anything other then safety issues but I’d still try everything and if too much was wrong I’d renegotiate or walk away
Old 02-02-2022, 07:34 AM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
They do have to inspect the trailer as far as dmv, safety and tagging it for the road…any tire ,axle or lighting issues I’d make sure they fix immediately before you sign

And yes they won’t repair anything other then safety issues but I’d still try everything and if too much was wrong I’d renegotiate or walk away
Not every dealer will even do that…ask me how I know.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:40 AM   #23
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Not every dealer will even do that…ask me how I know.
I can see if they are selling wholesale or “as is” but I didn’t realize they didn’t have to inspect it to let it roll off the lot. Good to know

Guess it makes sense being that someone may purchase from another state
Old 02-02-2022, 07:45 AM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
I can see if they are selling wholesale or “as is” but I didn’t realize they didn’t have to inspect it to let it roll off the lot. Good to know

Guess it makes sense being that someone may purchase from another state
“As is” seems to be a popular phrase.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:09 AM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:

That would depend on the state. here in Maryland that would be true for it to be registered and tagged. A transport tag (dealer tag) can be used to move it just like test driving a car.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:36 AM   #26
wiredgeorge

Quote:
I’d look at the front bedroom slide and the exterior walls that surround it..there has been posts in the past about exterior walls with a crack that need to have an extensive repair and welding done on the structure framing to correct it.Not really model specific but I’d look

…I’d also look at the wear pattern on the tires to make sure no axle issues
I’d look at the slide cables and run everything

Id look for signs of water stains or water in the window frame on interior side of windows and skylights
( looked at a brand new cougar that was leaking at window frame and running down under fridge….floor was starting to deteriorate)

Lastly I’d check out as best as I could the onboard gas tank …maybe bring a few gallons of gas and try out the pump

If you find any issues I’d get a firm repair date before I sign

Good luck and welcome
The bedroom slide in this toy hauler has one of those shallow closets. I wonder if anyone has had a cracked frame with the closet slide out as opposed to the much heavier bed slide out? When I look at trailers (mostly can't afford much) I always consider the bedroom bed E/W slide out a non starter. Seen too many cracked frames on this and other forums.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:26 AM   #27
Kzneft

I have a Carbon 349, a little different model, but I love mine. I have a number of improvements I have done on mine that are on this forum that you can look up, such as bedroom, tv, happijac beds, tighten electrical connections in breaker box, added leds under the cabinet, and a number of other improvements. I can also park a RZR 4 seater in it as well. Tows great.
Kzneft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:23 AM   #28
bikemechanic53

Last couple of weeks, I've been moving into the new trailer. I only have to move the solar system over now.

wiredgeorge: Yes, this one has cracked fiberglass below the bedroom closet slideout. I plan to cut out the inside wall area to see what reinforcements need to be done to shore up that spot.

I'm currently trying to figure out the water system. While the pump works adequately, the flow is low and there is irregular air pockets coming out of all the faucets. These air pockets should have been out after the first couple of days. So apparently air is getting into the water system from some place. I suspect the 3 fill outlets.

Has anyone else had on-going air in their water system and what did they do to fix it?
Old 02-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #29
bikemechanic53

jasin1: Good info. I did check for any water stains. None found. I checked the tires and they appear fine. The fuel station appears to work OK and the gas is good.

Only significant issue is the exterior fiberglass crack below the bedroom closet slideout.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:11 PM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Last couple of weeks, I've been moving into the new trailer. I only have to move the solar system over now.

wiredgeorge: Yes, this one has cracked fiberglass below the bedroom closet slideout. I plan to cut out the inside wall area to see what reinforcements need to be done to shore up that spot.

I'm currently trying to figure out the water system. While the pump works adequately, the flow is low and there is irregular air pockets coming out of all the faucets. These air pockets should have been out after the first couple of days. So apparently air is getting into the water system from some place. I suspect the 3 fill outlets.

Has anyone else had on-going air in their water system and what did they do to fix it?
The only way air cann get into the system is via the suction side of the pump. If there was a breach anywhere else water would leak out air would not enter. How long did you run water thru the faucets? If you are starting with empty pipes it will take several minutes of running the pump with ALL THE FAUCETS open. That includes any outside shower or kitchen. Remember the water heater is a 6 or 12 gallon tank of air alone.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #31
bikemechanic53

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The only way air cann get into the system is via the suction side of the pump. If there was a breach anywhere else water would leak out air would not enter. How long did you run water thru the faucets? If you are starting with empty pipes it will take several minutes of running the pump with ALL THE FAUCETS open. That includes any outside shower or kitchen. Remember the water heater is a 6 or 12 gallon tank of air alone.
Good point. You are right. Could be in the tank itself.

I've run 100 gallons through this system over the past 3 weeks. Still have air pockets showing up every time I turn on a faucet.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Good point. You are right. Could be in the tank itself.

I've run 100 gallons through this system over the past 3 weeks. Still have air pockets showing up every time I turn on a faucet.
That sounds to me like an issue with the pump. Could be the diaphragm, or could be the housing or water line. What brand pump is it?
Old 02-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #33
bikemechanic53

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
That sounds to me like an issue with the pump. Could be the diaphragm, or could be the housing or water line. What brand pump is it?
It's a SHURflo # 4008-101-A65 with the little filter attached. I have a low flow rate, but not sure it's the pump.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:56 PM   #34
wiredgeorge

Quote:

There are quite a few threads on these cracks and their causes and fixes on this forum. Someone smarter might be able to point you in the right direction. Some have been cracked frames.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote