Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
wegone

Having mixed emotions.....

Life can be confusing.
COVID.
Politics.
Football.

It can make life hard to navigate, mixed emotions.

Here is an example of what I am talking about, having mixed emotions:

You watch your mother-in-law drive right off a cliff....
In your brand-new truck.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
dutchmensport

If you have replacement insurance coverage on the brand new truck, maybe it's really a happy day!

Man, you've got to look for the positives in life and shut the negatives out. It starts by turning your television off and not letting 'fear" drive your life.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:52 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Back in the 1980's we drove to Colorado to bring my in-laws back. We went to the Garden of the Gods and my MIL was walking backwards looking thru her camera lens to take a picture of my DW and I. I noticed a rattle snake about 5' behind her coiled up on the walk. I said "Thelma, I may regret this but walk towards me." She did and and when she was safely away from the snake I told her to turn around and look at what she was heading for. That's when she realized what I said and she hit me with her bag. As far as MIL go she was the best and I truely do miss her.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:26 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I have stopped trying to “figure things out” if you know what I mean. I get up, thank the maker that I get another day above the dirt and trudge on. Some days go my way, some don’t but at the end of each day, I am thankful that I had another day.

I quit worrying about things I can’t change, and try not to get caught up with all the crap on the news. I only pay attention to the weather so I can dress accordingly to soak in the sweetness of another day.

Where are “things” headed? I for sure don’t know, but I do know I’m ready.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:31 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I think we're all pretty much headed to the same place (or at least will wind up with the same result)... My objective is to get there 15 minutes late, torn jeans, dirty shirt, panting rapidly, out of breath, scraped and bruised, a beer bottle in one hand and a cigar in the other (I don't smoke yet, still consider myself too young) and with a huge S*** eating grin on my face looking like the cat that ate the canary. It's my intention to apologize for being late, but not for having had one hell of a ride that ended with me being late to my own funeral...

Another day spent bending down to smell the flowers beats laying there "face up watching the roots grow closer"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:08 PM   #6
travelin texans

We haven't watch the news since our son was stationed over in the big sandbox after 9/11, it was BS then & only more so now.
Don't watch the weather, I can look out the door & guess as good as those on tv & have radar app on my phone if it looks like a storm.
Don't watch sports, in my opinion they're mostly a bunch of overpaid proma donnas & the outcome of any game has absolutely no effect on my life.
We have our hobbies, like to travel & plenty of social activities with friends where we live.
Have our kids, grandkids & a couple little great grandkids!
What more could we ask!
And the world goes 'round & 'round!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:38 PM   #7
Balvar24

Why would my mother in law be driving my truck?
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:28 PM   #8
wegone

Tough crowd....

I think we need a 3-drink minimum before we tell a joke, goodness.

I was just setting up the MIL joke, but I guess this internet/message board is more reality to some, than life itself
Old 02-01-2022, 03:09 AM   #9
Mikendebbie

Is she okay?
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:13 AM   #10
notanlines

Eddie, I was thinking that they generally just sent a response, not differing with you. And if one still watch the news then they deserve what they get.
How many nights in a row can you sit and watch about another murder/demonstration/political fight in Seattle? And if you have the Weather Channel on, well, there may be no hope for you. Jim Cantore will appear in your nightmares.
On the other hand, I'm all for the three drink minimum.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:15 AM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Tough crowd....

I think we need a 3-drink minimum before we tell a joke, goodness.

I was just setting up the MIL joke, but I guess this internet/message board is more reality to some, than life itself
Here's a MIL joke I told my MIL years ago, it didn't go over well ...

A man finds an old bottle in the attic. He starts to rub off the dust and you guessed it, a genei comes out in a cloud of smoke. He calls out to his wife and she rushes to his side. The genie proclaims that he has 3 wishes but, everything he wishes for his MIL will recieve the same only doubled!

The man thinks and says "I always wanted a new Cadillac". Poof, there's a new Caddy in his driveway. His wife calls here mother and told her to look in her driveway. Sure enough, there were 2 new Caddys in her driveway. For the second wish the man said "I want a million dollars on my kitchen table." Poof, a million bucks appears and hid MIL screams over the phone that 2 million dollars just appeared on her table!.

It's down to the third and final wish. The genie tells the man to choose wisely. The man ponders for a few moments then tells the genie " For my final wish I want you to beat me half to death." Thankfully I could outrun my MIL for I survived telling her this joke.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:04 AM   #12
wegone

I had a dealing with a Genie too....

It was a few years back, we had just moved to the Pacific Northwest

I was married with a family and having a hard time supporting them.

I took a job where I had to transport items too big to fly over to the island, by boat.

It paid well, but I was away from home too long and was prone to getting seasick....

One day I was puking over the side, and I noticed a very strange and odd bottle floating, I quickly grasped it and brought it aboard.

It still had a cork in it, and when I removed it, a Genie popped out!

The Genie informed me I had a wish coming....

I thought for a moment and then asked for a bridge from my house to the island, so I could drive instead of ferrying the goods across.

The Genie exclaimed: “I don’t think you understand that is next to impossible, the distance and depth is just too much for a bridge to span.”

She then asked me to choose anew.

OK, I said, my wife gets so angry and mad that I am gone for so long and doesn’t understand my job, could you make her understand and give her reasoning?”

The Genie then asked me: “Two lanes or four?’
Old 02-01-2022, 09:22 AM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
It still had a cork in it, and when I removed it, a Genie popped out!
Given the nature of this thread... putting a cork in it might be the right way to go!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #14
wegone

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Eddie, I was thinking that they generally just sent a response, not differing with you. And if one still watch the news then they deserve what they get.
How many nights in a row can you sit and watch about another murder/demonstration/political fight in Seattle? And if you have the Weather Channel on, well, there may be no hope for you. Jim Cantore will appear in your nightmares.
On the other hand, I'm all for the three drink minimum.
NEWS, now that's a real JOKE
Old 02-01-2022, 09:54 AM   #15
hornet28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Is she okay?
NO!! The first question is. How is my truck?
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:58 AM   #16
crowbar

I like the one about discovering who in the family really loves you. You lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car. Then drive for 50 miles. When you stop, open the trunk and discover which one is happy to see you!

"He was bred in Kentucky, but he's just a crumb out here." - Curly Howard
crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote