Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #21
Northofu1

My insurance is an "All Perils" Policy. Lightning, wind, rain, locusts, accidents, tire blow outs. I wrote down every scenario that I could think of that would possibly go wrong with the unit and asked them if it was covered. It's cheap and I don't mind a $500 deductible.
It's more peace of mind than any warranty.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:58 PM   #22
GMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmayse View Post
What insurance do you have that deals with rodent problems?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Jason, The guy who posted regarding the insurance claim lives in Canada (probably insurance is different) and has not been on the site since 10/2021. Not likely to receive a response.
We have a “no fault” government run insurance scheme here for all vehicle registration and insurance. There is no competition.
I asked mpic (Manitoba Public Insurance Corp) for the pictures of the abatement work in case I wanted to sell the trailer. They said they don’t require them from any of their “approved” abatement companies.
I decided to check on their work and it turns out they never even touched the heating ducts which were filled with feces and nest material!
I contacted mpic and asked if they would pay me to do it because I no longer trusted the company to do it. They said yes, but they pay owners a lesser rate. So I did it and submitted a bill for $878.00 including 14 hours labor. They told me it should only be a four hour job and wanted an itemized breakdown and photos. I gave it to them. Then they wanted me to pull it out of storeage and take it in for an “inspection”.
I told them they couldn’t see anything because the underbelly cover was back on…but they insisted. The guy who came out to do the inspection (who was baffled by their request) took a few photos of the outside and looked over my pictures and agreed with me that there is no way it was a four hour job! They eventually paid me after deducting 1-1/2 hrs. labor for acquiring and disposing of material.
It was missed in the first place due to their lack of due diligence. They are public employees and the whole affair is simply a make work project for them I believe.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:22 PM   #23
Northofu1

Each Province is different, Ontario is privately run for profit.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote