Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2022, 10:53 AM   #41
Gkri

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I used to bash PA for the condition of the roads. I think the over last 10 years the rest of the country has caught up.
ok, i conceed the road conditions.
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #42
COLUSAR

My dealer in eastern PA does free inspections if you purchased your unit from him.
COLUSAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:28 PM   #43
Ddaddyo

Dealer probably has a 1 Hour minimum Charge. When Indiana had Vehicle Inspection all fees were set by the State.
Ddaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:21 PM   #44
Chuckers

Had a passport 23rb several years ago. Got the state inspection done at a dealer that wase'nt where I bought. Price was $105.00. They jacked up one side, Pulled a wheel and checked the brake pad. Had me squeese the brake controller and the pull the pin. Braked worked both ways. He did the same to the other side. slapped a sticker on the window and said "all done and safe travels". I really liked that trailer but after the first long trip, the shower was to small. Traded it in for a flagstaff.
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:43 AM   #45
hondapro87

For auto inspection in PA the fee is set by the inspection station. The state gets it's money from the sale of the safety stickers.The inspection station has to purchase the stickers. I assume trailer stickers are the same way.
If you live in a emission inspection required county the state does not charge for the stickers. They charge the station a fee every time the database is contacted during the emission inspection process.
hondapro87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #46
Softailtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkri View Post
We live in Eastern, PA and just had our first inspection for a 2021 Passport. We went to dealer where the trailer was purchased - $125.00! Sounds high compared to our vehicle inspections, what have others paid? In what state?
If you bought from a Pa dealer should have inspection sticker when you bought it,I took my Cougar back to my dealer they charged me $80 and I thought I got ripped off normal inspection rate for trailer $30-40 will never go back for inspection plenty of garage’s will inspect a travel trailer we both learned the hard way.
Softailtom is offline   Reply With Quote