Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2021, 05:10 AM   #1
NHcamper

Slide chattering when moving in and out

Hi,

I own a 2015 322rl Keystone Laredo. It has 3 slides. 2 on the street side and q on the sidewalk side. 2 of the three are big slides. All slides are cable ones with 8 cables controlling the in and out movement. I am having trouble with the big slide on the street side. This is the one that has all of the kitchen appliances in it plus a large pull out couch.

When moving, about halfway thru the slide starts to chatter. It sort of jumps up and down. When it continues to move towards the end of the travel it settles down. It does go fully in and out. The repair shop I took it to adjusted the cables a few times but it didn't stop the chatter. It helped but did not stop. They told me that there is a lot of weight on the slide and there is a rubber to rubber contact on the bottom that as warn. I asked if putting rollers on the bottom (as I read somewhere) would help. They didn't seem to know.

So, long winded, what suggestions do you folks have to help in this proble. I'd hate to be in a campground and not be able to move the slide in or out.

Thank you

Alan
NHcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:41 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Look at the bottom of your slides, that is the first thing you need to do. If they have been adjusted, and the guy knew what he was doing, you need to look at them.

There are various ways to address your problem but the solution really depends on what is going on. Is the darco fabric on the bottom worn or frayed? If so, where? Are all your seals intact and clean (top/bottom, sides)? Since you don't mention it I assume the slide is not tearing up the floor inside. Some pics would be very helpful so that the situation can be assessed.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide