Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
Jayef

Front Cap Trim

I have a 2019 243BHS and noticed on my last trip that the trim on the drivers side is out a bit and the fibreglass wall panel is no longer under the trim piece. I put some RV silicone in the area to prevent water getting in. Is this due to the screws attached to the trim backing out? If so do I slide the trim cover out and reseat them? The picture shows the edge of the wall panel just out by a small bit. Sorry, not the neatest silicone job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8E08763A-966C-4147-B736-3357A7061B71.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	35228  
Jayef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

From what I can see in your photo, the fiberglass isn't "out from under" the molding trim, rather it's "slid over slightly, but is still under the molding". I'd start by removing the screw cover vinyl trim insert from the molding, check the screws under the insert to make sure they're tight. While checking them, look carefully for any signs of rust around each screw. If you see any, that screw is "being kept wet" causing the rust. I'd remove that screw, apply sealant to the hole and reinstall a new screw. Make a mental note (or better yet, use a sharpie to mark that screw so next time you remove the vinyl insert, you'll know which screws were a problem "last time)....

As for the shifted fiberglass, I wouldn't worry too much about a 1/8" movement. Just towing the trailer will cause flexing which could be the reason for that kind of movement. Check the molding, check the screws and then "just keep an eye on it"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote