Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
whosgregm

Center Console Issue

Hi my fellow RVers,
I bought a 2016 Keystone Springdale 24’ travel trailer last year. For a year, I noticed an issue on the center console (I think that’s what’s called.). After there is more than 5 gallons in the black tank, the reading shows full. The battery reading would show 100%\full for 4 days and then drop completely dead in the evening. The readings are indicated by 4 red lights for each system. Anyone had the same issue? Any idea or solution please. Appreciate your expertise or experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FEC46C84-62FD-478F-AE92-1A284120749E.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	34666  
whosgregm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #2
Sarge2

It has been my experience... as limited as that might be...That these tank sensors are about as accurate as a broken calculator... my 2020 Passport reads pretty much whatever it feels like... one time the black will read 1/3 full when empty then it reads full the next time... regardless of how much is really in it..
The fresh water tank seems to be only slightly more accurate and reads about normal most of the time..
I've stopped using them pretty much..
When I first got the unit all of them read empty... as they should have since there was nothing in them..but, after the first trip they began to read pretty much all over the place... I think if you search the forum you 'll find that not may members rely on those to determine the status of the tanks... JMHO..
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote