Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #21
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt816 View Post
Am I mistaken in that everything in the rv except the AC and the microwave operates off of the battery? And that the system is constantly keeping the battery charged when in shore power?
Yes you are. Outlets are 120 volts AC. Fridge is 120 volts AC and/or gas. Water Heater can be 120 volts AC and/or gas. Converter is 120 volts AC. All these systems also use 12 volts DC as a control system. You are correct in that the 12 volt system is kept charged when plugged into shore power by the 120 to 12 volt converter.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:11 PM   #22
jbt816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Yes you are. Outlets are 120 volts AC. Fridge is 120 volts AC and/or gas. Water Heater can be 120 volts AC and/or gas. Converter is 120 volts AC. All these systems also use 12 volts DC as a control system. You are correct in that the 12 volt system is kept charged when plugged into shore power by the 120 to 12 volt converter.

Yes, I see I left off the WH and the fridge, though I thought the fridge could also operate off of the battery.

So, how do these system use 12VDC as a control system?

Secondly, do you have any idea why I am suddenly having this issue - granted it worked once (on Friday)?
jbt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Am I mistaken in that everything in the rv except the AC and the microwave operates off of the battery? And that the system is constantly keeping the battery charged when in shore power?
Code certified? OK, The 12v dc operate the slides, landing gear or levelers and jacks, the control boards on the fridge air conditioner and water heater, the radio, antenna booster for the television, bathroom fan, stove hood and fan, and typically all lights inside and out, and the awning if motorized and the furnace including the furnace fan motor.

The 120 vac operates all standard duplex recepticals inside and out, The airconditioner fan and compressor, the frige heater if it's an RV fridge or compressor if it's a residential fridge, the "electri" hjeating element if the water heater is so equipped, mirowave, and the onverter which provides 12 vdc and charges the battery.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:19 AM   #24
cavie

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response! First I need to ask what WFCO means. Also, I actually had the refrigerator off prior to the power going out (even though I posted that I had it on).

There isn't anything else on that particular circuit in the garage.

I will turn off the breakers and try to eliminate one that is causing the breaker to trip.
That is a GFI circuit. Trip the GFI in your RV and try it again.

g

Tags
cougar