Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2021, 09:28 PM   #1
69Camaroguy

Touch Lights don't completely turn off, Auto level code

I have a 2016 Cougar 333MKS some of the touch lights on the left side slide do not totally turn off, and one touch light on the right slide won't completely shut off either, anyone have any thoughts on this?
Also the Lippert auto level flashes LF jack malfunction, can't get it to auto level.
69Camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #2
LewisB

Which Lippert auto-level system do you have? There are several types.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

LF jack error means it’s GC 3.0 (electric). You need to extend ALL jacks at least 6” and then use “retract” to re home them. When you press retract you should be able to let off after a couple seconds and the jacks should continue to retract. If they don’t you didn’t extend them far enough.

Once done the touch pad should read ready jacks up. You can now extend the front jacks and carry on.

Touch lights- I haven’t had to deal with this issue, but I think there are a couple threads.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #4
69Camaroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Which Lippert auto-level system do you have? There are several types.
I have the 4 point lippert 3.0 system
Old 03-09-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
69Camaroguy

Thanks I'll try it. I'm assuming the reason it coded was due to weak batteries, checking output of converter and at the box is 13.4 but at the wires that connect to batteries terminals there's nothing (disconnected leads to check and I've got nothing) so I think the weak batteries and the fact that they're not charging or staying charged has something to do with everything. My luck
Old 03-09-2021, 07:35 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

GC 3.0 is very voltage sensitive. Best to be plugged into shore power or tow vehicle with engine running when you operate the system.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:09 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Camaroguy View Post
Thanks I'll try it. I'm assuming the reason it coded was due to weak batteries, checking output of converter and at the box is 13.4 but at the wires that connect to batteries terminals there's nothing (disconnected leads to check and I've got nothing) so I think the weak batteries and the fact that they're not charging or staying charged has something to do with everything. My luck
If there is 0VDC at the battery cables with the batteries disconnected, but there is 13.4VDC at the converter output, check two things.

First, check the battery cutoff switch. It may be in the "batteries off" position (red key can be removed from the switch). If there is voltage at the switch input but not at the switch output, possible faulty switch.

Second, check the DC mini-breakers located in the front compartment and/or adjacent to the batteries. There are two, three or maybe even 4 in a row. Those mini-breakers have a long history of looking great (plastic case) with significant corrosion, pitting or arcing of the internal contacts. They come in various amp ratings and should be replaced with the same amperage. If they are in a metal can, the amperage is stamped into the case. If they are plastic, it's printed on the bottom of the case.

If all that is good, but still no voltage at the batteries, but you DO have output at the converter, it's a loose connection in the wiring "somewhere in the belly".... Let's hope it's a bad breaker or a bad BCO switch.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights