Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
Cougar Jim

2800 miles with failures

Before leaving AZ we replaced the 1 year old "China Bombs" with Goodyear Endurance tires. This was done for peace of mind.

Some where in Wyoming I lost the Furrion wing antenna. The antenna base is still on the trailer and had to be "weather proofed". I say weather instead of rain because we had snow!

Crossing Wyoming the 1 inch vinyl strip across the front of the trailer cracked and shredded and had to be pulled off. It just covers the screws where the black "stone" shield meets the front cap.

On the way home on I-40w with a strong cross wind I heard a "wack" and when I looked in my mirrors The curb side fender was ripped half way back and flapping. All the screws where still in place. Fender was removed.

Keystone admits an installation problem with the Antenna and will make good for the repairs. The fender and vinyl stripping is on my "nickel".
Cougar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Bill-2020

I replaced the furrion antenna ahead of any potential problems- keystone didn’t issue a recall for the TTs - so that was on your dime. Sorry to hear about your other issues.
For a moment there I thought you were going to say something about the new tread. Whew!! I’m in the process of changing my year old bombs as well.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
ewbldavis

hmm...I have a 2020 5th wheel, but will certainly inspect fender install. Thanks for sharing.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Cougar Jim

The three local dealers in Tucson, AZ were not interested in the warranty Antenna replacement because I didn't purchase from them and the dealer i purchased the trailer from is in OK so I didn't give my order for the fender replacement to any of them. I ordered from the selling dealer in OK.

I also order the replacement antenna directly from Furrion.
Cougar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote