Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
Jerry58

New purchase 3930FB Montana

Greetings to everyone,
this is my first post so I apologize if I'm not doing it right. I'm looking at buying a 2020 Montana 3930FB. Has anyone else bought one or does anyone have any feedback for me? I would be grateful for any feedback.
Jerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Welcome Jerry! That is a BIG 5th wheel and I suspect will be about 18K lbs gross weight. You best have a tow vehicle with close to 5000 lbs payload to be safe. I think you are in dually territory. My wife and I have talked about a full timer and the 1/2 bath off the kitchen is one of her must haves. She likes front living rooms but that doesn't matter much to me. Anyway, best of luck with your purchase and don't know if you are an experienced camper but the best time to find small things wrong is prior to putting your name on the dotted line; the dealer is invested in getting those things fixed right as you still have leverage.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your decision to purchase a Montana.

I can't make specific comments about your model, since i don't have one, but if you jump over to the Montana Owners Club, here is a thread about your model asking similar questions. Click here

Actually, I favor 3 different forums. I'm not sure if they are run by the same parent orginization, but i do know my user ID and password use the same system (I think).

I've used this forum for lots of reading on Keystone issues for years now. I didn't start actually posting until just in the last year, but I'm on my 3rd Keystone camper now. Actually 4, if you consider Dutchmen, but that was before Thor Industries acquired Dutchmen.

The second forum is IRV2 Click here. This forum site focuses on Motor Homes, but it's chocked full of information, and there sub-forums for travel trailers, fifth wheels, and so on. Good info.

The third, is the Montana Owners Club forum. I like this forum because it's specifically everything "Montana". And folks there know the Montana product. Click here.

Again, congrats on your decision, and see you on the forums ... and maybe someday, at the campground!
Old 08-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
Big1

Welcome to the forum and congrats, and don't forget to get the right truck if you don't have one already.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
Gary R.

Hello Jerry and welcome to the forum!

That is one big 5er, and as others have said, be sure to have enough truck to tow it with.

Take care and have fun!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana