Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
mikz86ta

ShurFlo leak

Been trying to find a leak in the understorage of our Fuzion. Sourced behind the wall and near the wetbay area. Funny thing is, only leaks after it sits for a day. We full time and work/school. So it will leak overnight or while we are gone. If we are using the water like normal when we are home, it never leaks. So it waits until pressure sits for a longer period. Also tried to reduce the city water hookup input level and it still leaks. It's not a huge amount but will run to the center of the floor at the natural low spot.
Well, we finally got a chance to leave the understorage walls down and kept checking while not using the water. Found our fist drip spot....yay!
So it looks like the source is from the ShurFlo Revolution pump. The front of the pump has an extended about and the power wire connects in/out before it goes to the motor. I assume this is the pressure switch behind that snout. And the seam around where it screws together looks to be weeping water.

Has anyone had this before?
Has anyone pulled it apart and successful resealed or replace that gasket/o-ring?
Or is it just best to replace the whole unit?

It's a 2016 RV, so it's a 4yr old pump.

Thanks guys n gals!
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I’m not sure if replacement parts are available, as we don’t repair we just replace.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I’m not sure if replacement parts are available, as we don’t repair we just replace.
Ok.
Seems from an exploded view I seen online, there's 3 screws holding the pressure switch on the front and a single o-ring behind it.
Going to see if the local RV place has a replacement. Is ShurFlo still consider best or is something else better?
Old 06-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Best? I’m not sure any body “rates” them but I have yet to see one quit working.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
Ok.
Seems from an exploded view I seen online, there's 3 screws holding the pressure switch on the front and a single o-ring behind it.
Going to see if the local RV place has a replacement. Is ShurFlo still consider best or is something else better?
You should be able to get an O-ring at most hardware or plumbing supply stores, much easier than trying to get one from an RV place.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:18 AM   #6
mikz86ta

Yeah, just need the old one out first to match it up.

I was more concerned about doing the repair only to have it die. I'd 4-5years is the end of it's life expectancy anyways.
And if anyone has disassembled one before....want to be prepared for a spring or something ejecting.

Tags
leak