Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
teacherman

Howdy

Howdy folks!

I just joined the site, primarily because we will be getting a travel trailer, which has been a retirement dream of mine for a while. I settled on a Keystone based on reviews and recommendations I found, thus my joining up here. Getting our house ready for sale, and with a five year-old kiddo, we'll need a place to stay while paint and epoxy floor treatments dry, and all the rest of it. So, the TT search process has begun in earnest! I have a decent puller, a 2016 2500 HD crew cab 6.0, which should handle the 10K gtw I hope to get. I found a 2017 Hideout 31RBDS for sale within driving distance of me at what seems a decent price, but I'm leery of jumping into a purchase when I've never had a travel trailer. Outdoor kitchen, separate room for the kid, bathroom exit door, all season treatment, and heavy duty slides seem to be my requirements. Hoping to get it right the first time! Looking forward to connecting with some similar-minded folks, or at least some sane ones...
teacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
notanlines

I’d say you came to the right place until you mentioned sane. Some of us get a little excited when voicing our ‘never incorrect’ opinions.
Congrats on the retirement. I’m speculating that it is from teaching? Then God bless you, you’ve earned it!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Sane? Not on this forum LOL.

Welcome and you have come the right place for lots of good information and loads of great people.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

He posted before lunch and nobody started computing tongue weights or such in order to tell the guy he needs a 1 ton dually! RESTRAINT! I love it. Anyway, welcome to the forum and don't expect much more in the way of sane; it ain't here.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Sane? SANE?? When I was very young I found that "sane" was boring. Unfortunately, after all these decades I've not been able to shake that.....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #6
teacherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I’d say you came to the right place until you mentioned sane. Some of us get a little excited when voicing our ‘never incorrect’ opinions.
Congrats on the retirement. I’m speculating that it is from teaching? Then God bless you, you’ve earned it!
Thanks!

God kept me going, to be sure. I taught 16 years, but the last two were at a sociological FEMA site on a state waiver without the required training for my new assignment (SPED). State waivers are for jobs nobody wants to do. JDC ed was easy compared to that scene. So, I suspect I earned my early exit, but I'm still getting over it. Started a tree business after, which was exciting, but basically to justify my truck. Tennis elbow caught up with me, so now I have a nice truck and a 5 ton dump trailer as the spoils.

Getting a TT and a pair of Bermuda shorts, a subscription to Reader's Digest, and some of those brown vinyl flip flop sandals with two straps that make a big X across the foot, these are the stuff of lifelong dreams... does the Good Sam Club still exist?

Sanity is a ruse, to be sure.
teacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherman View Post
Thanks!

God kept me going, to be sure. I taught 16 years, but the last two were at a sociological FEMA site on a state waiver without the required training for my new assignment (SPED). State waivers are for jobs nobody wants to do. JDC ed was easy compared to that scene. So, I suspect I earned my early exit, but I'm still getting over it. Started a tree business after, which was exciting, but basically to justify my truck. Tennis elbow caught up with me, so now I have a nice truck and a 5 ton dump trailer as the spoils.

Getting a TT and a pair of Bermuda shorts, a subscription to Reader's Digest, and some of those brown vinyl flip flop sandals with two straps that make a big X across the foot, these are the stuff of lifelong dreams... does the Good Sam Club still exist?

Sanity is a ruse, to be sure.
Good Sam Club is still around. It'll get you 10% off of numerous campgrounds & a small discount off of Camping World's overly priced RV goodies.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:58 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

RV.net is the Camping World sponsored forum. Note that any "Good Sam" discussions are only active a day or two then deleted by the forum. A lot of unkind words seem to be spoken. For perspective on Camping World, go to youtube and search. Some really interesting videos... We are members of Passport America and although they are not accepted at quite as many campgrounds for discounts, the discounts offered are far better and they offer a comprehensive listing on their website.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote