Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
AH64ID

2014 Sprinter 275FWBHS

Hello!

We are looking at a 2014 Sprinter 275FWBHS and have a few questions.

Our current TT is a Outdoors RV 26BKS that has been a great TT, but we are looking to move into a 5er. One of the reasons we love the 26BKS is that they are built for back roads, with oversized axles and frame. We do a lot of miles each year on dirt/forest service roads.

How is the construction on the Sprinters? Do they have an oversized frame or axles? Last thing we want to do is upgrade and get a "weaker" trailer for how we use it.

I see the underbelly is enclosed and insulated on these models, are they 4 season rated?

It's a 2014, but the 2014 brochure from Keystone does not have this model in it, or other Copper Canyons. Maybe there were 2 brochures that year and one is missing from the archives.

Any other insight into the series would be great.

Thank you
AH64ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
PSD Andy

Welcome to the site.

Our Sprinter is a 2018 so I'm not sure what all changed from 2014. I wouldn't take ours down any logging roads per say but we do live on a minimally maintained gravel road that's more sand than gravel after all these years. So every trip out and back it gets a little mileage on this terrain as we head to the paved highway. The usual pot holes, washboard, and washout ruts along the edge and our Sprinter is doing fine with that so far anyways.

I don't race down the road either more like 10-15 mph on average. I have more hassle with tree branches hanging over the road than the road it's self. Last year I went along and trimmed a bunch with a gas powered pole saw since the township doesn't do it anymore. The 5th wheel had a lot more height than our previous travel trailer which was less bothersome with overhanging branches. I just have to be more aware now as I go. The roof membrane is in good shape and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can.

Tags
sprinter