Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
lunge motorsport

Crazy Horse RV Campground 6660 S. Craycroft Rd

So I’m on my way back from Austin Texas and I’m sampling campgrounds on the way home. Here’s my take on this spot.
It’s an old park with a lot of full timers and the sites are very tight. The cable doesn’t work and the wi-fi is unsecured. They did say I would be amazed at the channel availability over the air using the antenna. There is a rec room and a pool but I’m not swayed. I’ve stayed at probably 100 or so campgrounds through the years and while this isn’t the worst it’s close. My recommendation is to stay clear of this place.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:27 AM   #2
notanlines

Thanks for the review, Darrell. In this RV life we soon find out that all that glitters is not gold. Reasonably priced RV parks with good amenities are getting harder and harder to find.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:49 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
... Reasonably priced RV parks with good amenities are getting harder and harder to find.
We just returned from a 4,000 mile swing through the central states. You're very, VERY much "on point" with the comment, "reasonably priced RV parks"... This trip we found parks we've stayed at 2 or 3 years ago that have doubled in price and the facilities have, more or less, gone down the toilet.... There is one park, a couple hundred miles south of Nashville, that used to be $22 a night. Gravel sites, a few trees, full hookups, nothing special, but quiet, clean and roomy. They added 2 more rows of sites, essentially a few rocks where the wheels go, otherwise muddy sites, not quite level, much closer together with water/electric and a sewer dump at the campground exit. All the "older sites" are occupied by "old Jayco fifth wheels and Champion motorhomes" with Styrofoam sheeting around the bottom. Gone is the feeling of a campground and now it seems more like a "run down trailer park".....

Oh and the price is $39 a night with no sewer connection, $45 if you have 50 amps and one of the end sites with sewer. Such a deal !!!

Anyway, the rest of the trip was pretty much the same. Campgrounds in Memphis are about $5 a night higher than last trip, Central Kentucky was $5-7 a night higher, all in the same parks we stayed in the past. All were "at capacity" no space left and that "drone of people moving, cars/trucks going past, dogs barking in the background" seemed to never stop. My thoughts: Too many people in too small a space.

"Urban crowding moved to campgrounds????"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:57 AM   #4
ken56

I had a little chuckle over this. We too have stayed in the whole range of bad to good. Even though the bad was actually fine for what we needed, put the money through the slot and never see any kind of management type of place, it was fine for the price. Flexibility is the key. The only thing that would deter me from staying in a place is if we did not feel safe. So far the only place that has caused me concern has been a Walmart parking lot.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground