Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
gbsb

Spring Shackles broke

I have a 2010 Fuzion 383 Touring Edition 11 Toy Hauler. 40 foot tri axle. I made a trip down to Baja Mexico, all the Way down to Guerrero Negro on why 1 then back to San Filipe on why 5. Very bad roads, I have torn up one spring shackle and several more in bad shape. I want to upgrade to the MO Ryde wet bolt kits with the heaver shackles I have the equa flex system . Does any one know the part number for a tri axle kit and the best place to get them. I have to try and limp back to Texas but I think it will be ok until I get home the spring is resting on the frame so other than the front axle not carrying the load it should every thing should stay in place. Thanks for any help George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Brentw

I used etrailer and dexter site to get the numbers, not sure if I ordered from dexter or used the local truck shop to order for me.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
mlk1950

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/
mlk1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
travelin texans

Measure from center to center of the bolts on the existing shackles then look it up on the MorRyde site, at least that's what I did.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:41 AM   #5
Tinner12002

With just a quick look online I'm thinking the Dexter kit # K71-657-00 is what you would need. Its for 35" spaced axles and up to 8K.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #6
Dave W

Put whatever part number you end up with into your favorite search function. I just bought a new set to replace the worn set and Amazon with free shipping was quite a bit less then etrailer (who seem to be getting expensive). Also, RVupgrades may have a better price too and their shipping is free over $99, and as I just found out, very fast, equaling Amazon on a just received order.

I would try to fix that shackle at least temporarily with a piece of steel. Measure what you have, find a shop and have them drill a couple 1/2 to 9/16 holes or metric equivalent and bolt it in place even if you have to use a common Gr5 or 8 bolt, you will be safer. A nasty bump could pull that spring out of whatever is left and skew the axle
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #7
Lundy

Can't help with your question, but can relate to your issue. I have ruined many boat trailers on those roads. Great place to visit but the roads are very hard on equipment.
Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
cenders

I can't answer the part # question, but I did want to comment on replacement shackles. I found my replacement part # by searching the part # I was able to read off the equalizer between leafs. I'm attaching a photo of my old factory Dexter parts and the replacement Dexter HD kit. This might be a kit that'd fit yours.

https://www.easternmarine.com/hd-tri...kit-k71-360-00
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	17176  
cenders is offline   Reply With Quote