Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
BIG KAHUNA

Keystone 337fls wiring help

Today I'm wondering if there are any other 337FLS owners who are familiar with the wiring in this 5TH wheel particularly as it relates to the slide out lights in the living room. I think I've been victimized by squirrels over the Winter because the trouble I'm having with the living room Wonder fan is also reflected with the lights and it ain't fuse related. I'd call Keystone, but we all know how far that would get me! And to take the high ground with Keystone with all the models they have how much how of a knowledge base could they maintain for us? Help comes to those who help themselves.
BIG KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:54 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you crawl under your slide, lay on your back and look up, at one end or the other, you'll see electrical wiring (mine is a coiled cable) that goes from the trailer "main body" to the "slide body". There is probably a cabinet or an access panel inside the "main body" where this "coiled cable" originates and there probably won't be one on the slide. Usually, the "slide side" enters the slide, is routed through the square tubing that makes up the frame of the slide.

If you have both 12 VDC and 120 VAC wiring in the slide, you'll have two cables under the slide. Typically, the 120 VAC wiring originates inside the trailer as ROMEX, goes to a junction box where "flexible cable" (think extension cord) is attached and that's what you'll see under the slide.

Usually both of these "under slide" cables are supported either by a long spring or by a folding plastic harness holder to they don't "flop around" when the slide is pulled in for towing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, wiring