Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
Bluewater

My question is WHY were we all not supplied with the Towmax warranty upon delivery of our new RV..??? Any answer Keystone??
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Bluewater,

Nobody from Keystone monitors our website. If you're interested in getting a response from Keystone about your tire warranty documentation, you'd better your chances for answers by visiting the Keystone RV website and clicking on customer service and then clicking on service parts and warranty inquiry and filling out the required information. That way, someone from the Keystone Customer Service department can respond to your concerns.

If you scroll down to the bottom of every page on the forum site, you'll see a red disclaimer that the forum is not affiliated with the Keystone RV company. All you get by identifying the problem here is exposure to other Keystone RV owners, not management.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #23
ktmracer

Mine came with all the warranty and documentation including towmax tires. If you didn't get stuff, complain to the dealer first. They are the ones that as part of the PDI should make sure all documentation is included.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #24
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post
My question is WHY were we all not supplied with the Towmax warranty upon delivery of our new RV..??? Any answer Keystone??
There are two TowMax warantys. One is for the newer STR series. That starts Aug 2012. The other warranty is for TowMax prior to Aug 2012.

Here is the link;

http://towmaxtires.com/tires/Landing...ation=warranty

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #25
CWtheMan

I've been keeping-up with this action for awhile now. The plaintiffs have not provided any findings from an expert in tire forensic sciences. Without actual proof of design flaws from the professionally trained experts I don't see how they expect to get an unsatisfactory judgement.

To me, it looks like someone with big money got a little peeved and decided to trash Towmax. Maybe future information will prove me wrong.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...action-claims/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #26
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf28 View Post
Checked the build date on the tires. July of 09. Meaning the tires were almost a year old when I bought the trailer. Talked to towmax and was told that I would have to talk to a dealer which I did. With the prorating it comes out that they would pay me about 10 dollars per tire if in fact it is a defect. Which they doubt. Of course they never came across the problem before.
If cash ~~ go for it. If credit on new TowMax I'd let them keep it and get a set (5) Carlisle.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #27
buzzcop63

As of 5/3/2017 my Power King tires were going on 6 years old, 3,009 miles, date code August 2011, spring replacement time is at hand. Had went to Discount Tire first of year and got prices on Carlisle "E" rated tires and now that the sun has finally come out in our area I visited Discount Tire again to set up an appointment. Seems they have dropped Carlisle and replaced it with Goodyear Endurance, the new US made Tire. Tire dealer sold me on this tire and I had four of them mounted ST225/75/R15, 117N. Tire cost $121 each. They oldest date code was 3rd week of 2017. I have Tire Minder, keep tires covered when trailer is in storage, sitting on asphalt, travel at 55 MPH and monitor pressure very closely. Will post again when have had some miles on these tires. No problems reported by dealer on old Power King tires but also stated that separation inside tire may not be evident until it lets loose.