Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
Karen Whitney

Alpine 3661FL questions

We have been looking for almost a year for an RV to go full time in this year . . hopefully by July 23rd. After all that time, we have FINALLY narrowed it down to 6 5th Wheels. One of them being the Alpine 3661FL. We are hoping to finalize our choice within the next week or two. We got a contract on the house, option period is up on the 19th and we're putting a deposit on an apartment to be held until the 1st of April. BUT, if we can make our decision before that and get it purchased (hopefully not having to order one), then we'll get it and move straight in the RV even tho we have commitments here until July.

If you have . . . or have had . . . this model, can you tell me some pros and cons about it? Any information you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few questions that I do have some concern about:

1) the back storage under the Den . . . because it's not very tall, do you find it really hard to get to things? What do you store back there? I'm thinking tables/chairs, fishing poles, brooms/mops and narrow plastic bins. Can't think of much else that would fit there.

2) Is the bathroom too small to manauver around when you are a little 'fluffy'?

3) Are the bedrooms drawers barely worthless?

4) Is the living room furniture comfortable or really hard?

5) Do you have the new stove/oven combo? If so, how do you like it?

As I said . . . if there is anything you LOVE or HATE about it, please share.

Thank you so much!
Karen Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
Tbos

From looking at the floor plan it looks like you won't be able to access your bedroom unless the slide is out. Other than that it looks like a real nice rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

X2 .... Looking at the floor plan and not knowing exactly how the slides are configured to open it may be a maze getting around without a majority of slides open. Seems like a majority look at the various rigs with all the slides open and do not check access with all or some slides closed as to see what is available to them say in a confined parking area. For us older people pulling off on the side of road to hit the bathroom is pretty common

Just seen a recent post on a Alpine asking can I get to the bathroom with slide closed. NOPE, but think one member switched door around and was able to get in. With your setup only real open area is to the living room with slides closed.

Nice looking setup though
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:36 AM   #4
captcolour

We just bought a new 2016 Alpine 3600RS. Front living design like the 3661FL was also an option (not Alpine though). If they use the same seating as the 2016, I think the furniture is pretty comfortable. If it is important to you, you have to check whether both tri-fold sofas can be opened at the same time. We thought that design would be great for the grand kids. Some of these plans work that way; some don't.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine