Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
rgnmgr

Bullet Atwood furnace issue

2014 Bullet 272 BHS.

How is the furnace accessed or serviced as it is under the refrigerator? Sits below the air intake grill. Furnace tries to ignite for 3 times then shuts down. It has LP and AC. No blockages.
rgnmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
B-O-B'03

For mine, I had to remove the wooden grill and the furnace came out through that opening.

Not too hard really, couple of screws held it to the floor, unhook gas line, disconnect ducting, unhook a couple of wires and it came out.

Mine was doing the same thing, came on clicked for a bit, paused, clicked for a bit two more times and quit... turned out to be the control board. The board had gotten wet because some yo-yo at the factory cut through the kitchen sink drain line, when they roto-zipped the hole for the outside electrical outlet.

-Brian
Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #3
rgnmgr

It looks like the furnace sits several inches down below the removable grill. Did you have to lift it up and out? Or can you remove the soldi section below the grill?
Old 12-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnmgr View Post
It looks like the furnace sits several inches down below the removable grill. Did you have to lift it up and out? Or can you remove the soldi section below the grill?
The furnace probably sits on the floor and you'll have to lift it up "into the hole" to get it out. If you use a mirror and flashlight, you'll find that lower piece is stapled in place with 8 or 10 staples. Since it's essentially "paper board with vinyl woodgrain covering" you'll probably destroy it trying to get it separated from the verticals. I wouldn't try it unless you've got some matching molding to replace what you tear up getting it apart......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #5
rgnmgr

Bullet Atwood Furnace issue

Thanx for the info. My unit sits on a "shelf". Duct retaining rings were put on from the bottom, screw heads facing down. Gas line is looped in front. My guess is the furnace was installed before the refrigerator.
Can the "board" or other critical components be accessed without removing the entire unit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moto G4+ 021.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	11570  
Old 12-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #6
B-O-B'03

That is pretty much how mine looked, I had to gently move the gas line and the adapters that the ducts connect to twist to remove them from the furnace.

Also, when it came time to reinstall the furnace, I had to remove the exhaust/intake pipes from outside and then re-install them after the furnace was back in place.

The control board is at the right side of the furnace, by the outside wall of the coach, as you look at your picture, no way to service it, without removing the unit.

-Brian
Old 12-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #7
rgnmgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
That is pretty much how mine looked, I had to gently move the gas line and the adapters that the ducts connect to twist to remove them from the furnace.

Also, when it came time to reinstall the furnace, I had to remove the exhaust/intake pipes from outside and then re-install them after the furnace was back in place.

The control board is at the right side of the furnace, by the outside wall of the coach, as you look at your picture, no way to service it, without removing the unit.

-Brian
Thanks! I was hoping for easy, but that does not appear to be the case. Time to get started.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #8
rgnmgr

Unfortuately Keystone is NOT inclined to offer any assistance other than to refer one to a dealer. One would assume that they might provide relevant answers to questions regarding their basic product installations. No trade secret would be revealed answering their CUSTOMERS inquiries. Getting the brush off is not good consumer relations.
However, Atwood has been very accomodating in trying to help resolve my furnace issue.
Thumbs up to Atwood. Thumbs down to Keystone.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnmgr View Post
Unfortuately Keystone is NOT inclined to offer any assistance other than to refer one to a dealer. One would assume that they might provide relevant answers to questions regarding their basic product installations. No trade secret would be revealed answering their CUSTOMERS inquiries. Getting the brush off is not good consumer relations.
However, Atwood has been very accomodating in trying to help resolve my furnace issue.
Thumbs up to Atwood. Thumbs down to Keystone.
I agree about Atwood. With my 1st call had a tech that knew less than I. About 10 minutes later a different tech was fantastic! It was like he was beside me!

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:08 PM   #10
rgnmgr

Smile Atwood furnace issue resolved

After conferring with Atwood, I took my trailer to RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown, TX. Unlike Crestview RV in Georgetown (not recommended), they pulled the furnace and found the issue to be a bad circuit board which they replaced. Now working correctly Kudos to Atwood for working with me, and RV Outlet Mall for repair.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:27 PM   #11
chuckster57
Site Team

Glad to hear it's all good now. When you call ANY manufacturer and ask about any component they don't manufacture, it's normal for them to refer you to a service center (dealer). We won't call Keystone for example to ask about a Dometic refer or A/C. Keystone simply installs the appliance at the factory. During the factory warranty period, Keystone administers the warranty from appliance manufacturers. After the factory period has ended if there is additional coverage from the manufacturer of the specific component, Keystone doesn't get involved in the process.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, furnace