Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Devildogmom

Repairs after our first voyage

We are heading up to Muskegon to drop off the new Cougar 327RES after our maiden voyage with the new trailer.

All in all everything worked great except for a few minor things: The fan in the bathroom works when it wants to, the latches on the front cubbie need to be tweeked and the kitchen sink leaks occasionally.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
Flyguy

Usually the leaks under the sink are caused by the drain pipe joints working themselves loose. When we had our Passport I was constantly hand tightening those black ABS pipe joints under the kitchen sink and even thought about gluing them shut but after a while thought the better of it. No big deal, it's just a pain. I guess you could take the joints apart and put "thread locker paste" on them and see how that works!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Michiglenn

We found that the leak under our sink was caused from a poor seal under the faucet plate. I loosened the faucet assembly and put a bead of silicone under the edges, tightened it back up, and haven't seen any more water down there.
I am on the lookout for leaks all the time, anything that twists and moves is gonna loosen fittings. The only other plumbing problem we had was the shower drain pipe was cross-threaded from the factory. I was opening the valve to the water heater and noticed where there had been water leaking. We had tried the shower for a few seconds just to see if the pressure was good from the showerhead, and that was enough to dampen things pretty good down there.
It will keep a person vigilant (paranoid?) about checking under plumbing fixtures!
Michiglenn is offline   Reply With Quote