Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
irene l

Recessed lights over sofa sprinter 266 rbs

We bought our Sprinter in June and are really enjoying traveling in it. We need to replace the bulb in one of the overhead lights over the sofa. These are recessed lights with a flat surface. Can't figure out how to get to the bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.
irene l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

Hi In the best of cases they are 1/4 turn counter clockwise but most have said it takes a strong arm to get them to move!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
Hi In the best of cases they are 1/4 turn counter clockwise but most have said it takes a strong arm to get them to move!
Yes sir.........It's prabbaly a G4 bulb, Known a Puck light

chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
enyapp

I have a bullet premier with the recessed puck lights. I too was wondering how to access the bulb. I saw a similar light fixture for sale at camping world so I took it out of the packaging to see how it works, 1/4 turn to remove from base. The next time I was in my trailer I tried turning mine but they just kept turning. Long story short, mine just pull/pry straight off. So if yours are factory installed, instead of aftermarket, they probably do too.
enyapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
irene l

It seems that this type of light fixture does not have a bulb to be replaced, but that you have to replace the entire unit. The Keystone people and the dealer both said that these are not under warranty. We will be replacing them with a type of light that does have a bulb that can be replaced independently of the entire unit. Hope this works out this time. All three lights are not working at this point.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #6
irene l

We had our lights replaced yesterday. We were unable to "turn" the cover off at all and it turns out that the ones in our Sprinter do not turn. If you pulled the light fixture out of the ceiling you could see that there were clips which when pulled out released the cover. It seems it would be very hard to adequately secure the glass again after these clips were pulled out. We have put in 10 watt halogen lights with screw off glass covers that allow easy access to the bulb. A rep from Keystone called yesterday about a leak we are having and said that Keystone would not recommend the replacement solution under warranty, so I guess this will be on us but it is nice to have light again at not too high a cost.