Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
techdog

sink drain in exterior kitchen

Has anyone out there added a drain to the small sink in the small Cougar ourside kitchen? I can't figure out why they would have designed the sink in this way. This will be the first mod. I'll be making as soon as I pick our new (to us) Cougar 29fks.
techdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
therink

I take it you are referring to the small stove/sink combo (versus the full outdoor kitchen set up). I have the stove/sink combo and don't even use the sink. I find the faucet to be awkward to use as the faucet doesn't have an aerator. Makes it difficult to use without splashing everywhere. I suppose a drain would be better than having to occasionally dumping the "bedpan" of nasty water. How would you consider adding a drain?
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
Bob Landry

My Outback had the same outdoor kitchen and I've wondered about the utility of the sink. Also the stove, with the wind deflectors in place, only allowed room for a small pot, not very useful for food preparation. i took the whole thing out and sold it to a guy on Craigslist yesterday. The compartment is the exact size needed to store a Camp Chef Weekender stove(two 30,000 BTU burners). The stove has it's own legs and the drop down door to the compartment makes a perfect work surface. I can now fry fish, bacon, or anything else without smelling up the trailer.
The water lines feeding the outside faucet were attached to a "T" under the kitchen counter, so caps were all that were needed to close the line with no major plumbing involved.
I won't miss the sink. If I need to wash my hands, I'm right by the back door.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Buzzy

I purchased a Hideout in the fall and was wondering the same thing. I would like to do some sort of mod on it this spring.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If you pack along a blue sewer tote, maybe a 6' hose extension connected to the sink drain and all waste water goes into the tote. Or, if not, then a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a lid?

I'd think that for dry camping, it would be nice not to have the sink water filling the gray tank. Like "tent campers" just toss it out in the bushes and save the holding tank space, but in a formal campground, it would be nice not to have the water to deal with.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote