Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2022, 04:54 AM   #1
turbojimmy

Bullet Center Cap

Does anyone know where to get a center cap for my Bullet? I went back and forth with Keystone, even sending them my serial number and a pic, but they ultimately sent me a part number for something completely different.

Camping World has something that looks like it might be similar but not exact.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5228.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	42020  
Old 10-17-2022, 05:23 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I lost one on this trailer and found it very difficult to match...in fact impossible in the time my limited patience would allow. I bought some that were "almost" right from Amazon I believe then just ran a couple rounds of electrical tape around the snap in ears. Holds just fine. Did that once on a Ram truck many years ago and the center piece stayed there for years until I got rid of it. It's a tiny bit smaller in diameter but nothing you can really tell without standing there and staring at it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:46 AM   #3
turbojimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I lost one on this trailer and found it very difficult to match...in fact impossible in the time my limited patience would allow. I bought some that were "almost" right from Amazon I believe then just ran a couple rounds of electrical tape around the snap in ears. Holds just fine. Did that once on a Ram truck many years ago and the center piece stayed there for years until I got rid of it. It's a tiny bit smaller in diameter but nothing you can really tell without standing there and staring at it.
Do you have a link to the one you purchased?

I'm still trying to track down the correct part. Keystone sent me to Trekwood RV Parts who has center caps w/ inserts that will work but are not the same as what I have. So I'd have to buy 4 of them.

Keystone said that the manufacturer is Tredit Tire & Wheel company, part number S1050-156B-P. Googling that comes up with nothing useful. It does come up with a center cap, but like I said earlier it's totally incorrect.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post

I'm still trying to track down the correct part. Keystone sent me to Trekwood RV Parts who has center caps w/ inserts that will work but are not the same as what I have. So I'd have to buy 4 of them.

Keystone said that the manufacturer is Tredit Tire & Wheel company, part number S1050-156B-P. Googling that comes up with nothing useful. It does come up with a center cap, but like I said earlier it's totally incorrect.
You only need to buy 2 & put them on the same side. Unless you know someone that's built really weird you can only see 2 wheels at a time.
Also be sure to confirm the shipping cost prior to ordering anything from Trekwood, their shipping rates are absolutely ridiculous.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
turbojimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
You only need to buy 2 & put them on the same side. Unless you know someone that's built really weird you can only see 2 wheels at a time.
Also be sure to confirm the shipping cost prior to ordering anything from Trekwood, their shipping rates are absolutely ridiculous.
LOL - good point. I really only need 2.

I'd like to just get the cap as a matter of principle, but I may just bite the bullet (see what I did there?) and order a pair of new hub covers.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:06 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

You can buy them for $2.50 each at: https://www.trailer-wheels.com/Chrom...l#.Y07OrfzMJPZ

If that isn't the correct size, the website has comparable parts for all size hub cover configurations.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:21 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Does anyone know where to get a center cap for my Bullet? I went back and forth with Keystone, even sending them my serial number and a pic, but they ultimately sent me a part number for something completely different.

Camping World has something that looks like it might be similar but not exact.
From looking at your pic I'd suggest buying some hose or clear vinyl tubing to cover that chain. Dragging that chain thru the spokes of the wheels will chip or scratch the finish on the wheels.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:36 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

I was mistaken. I get lots of stuff from Amazon but those caps were not from them. I finally found something close on ebay. The link below is to the caps I received and what I put on the trailer as I described (one of them):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37399617195...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet