Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2022, 03:30 PM   #1
Pixmap

Opposing slides canopy area impact

Hi.

I'm looking at the 2022 Keystone RV BULLET 25RKPR. Quick question...

When parked and the slides are out, does it impact the canopy area significantly? Does it pretty much take most of the space? I can't find one to see for myself. I'm only able to go off images. Appreciate anybody's thoughts. This is my one concern. Huge thanks for the help.

Enjoy your night...
Pixmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #2
BillBachman

I have a 2019 265RBIWE. The kitchen slide with the canopy doesn’t go out as far as the opposing. Mind has a outside kitchen but the canopy itself only goes to the end of the slide out and just past the entry door. As far as it being short it seems like it a little as far as from the side of the trailer because the slide does crowd it.
BillBachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:07 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The 25RKPR curbside slide is a "full width slide" so it will extend about 42" under the awning. That is a "chunk of real estate" that will take up a significant area under the awning.

You might consider trying it for a couple of trips and see if it impacts your "need for shade". If it does, you can always purchase a couple of tent poles and an awning shade panel, use the tent poles to stake the shade panel out as an awning extension, extending your shaded area. I'd recommend a shade panel that you can see through so in the event of rain and you can't get the awning in, it won't fill with water and damage your awning. The awning has a "dump feature" to protect it from pooling water, but with a shade extension, it would be very easy to fill that with water and damage the awning, even when it is in the dump position.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:15 AM   #4
Pixmap

Thank you all!

I am new to slide-outs. How inconvenient is it to close the slide for outdoor time and then open it later in the day? Thz
Pixmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:57 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixmap View Post
Thank you all!

I am new to slide-outs. How inconvenient is it to close the slide for outdoor time and then open it later in the day? Thz
The biggest inconvenience will be inside. Most slideouts are restricted for use while retracted, i.e. you shouldn't step on the slide out floor or set on any furniture unless the slide is fully deployed.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:52 PM   #6
Buffettfan

I have a 2020 24RKPR.
Yes, there is little shade left. The slide eats a lot of it.
As for pulling the slide in, we can't access the kitchen or living area with the right side slide in, only the bedroom and bathroom, through the bedroom.
Not the best situation.
After a little over a year, We love the camper, but we're taking notes of things to watch out for in the next one.

Terry, Teri and Lucy
2020 Premier 24RK
'22 Ram 2500
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Buffettfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide