Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2022, 07:26 AM   #21
Camp CA

TireTraker TT-600 with a booster https://www.tiretraker.com/ has worked well for me. Easy to install and program.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:59 AM   #22
travelin texans

One recommendation I have is be sure whatever brand you may chose that it comes with its own monitor not using your phone as the monitor. I, as well as most others, want to see pressures & temps scroll through the tires without having to pull up an app on the phone.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:51 AM   #23
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
One recommendation I have is be sure whatever brand you may chose that it comes with its own monitor not using your phone as the monitor. I, as well as most others, want to see pressures & temps scroll through the tires without having to pull up an app on the phone.
100% agree. Not to mention when the alarm goes off and the screen starts flashing it’s nice to have it in front of you. I have mine mounted on the dash directly above the stereo/ below the rear view mirror. My wife and I can both see it. I have my rear observation camera on the left side of the dash by the A pillar. Easy to glance at when I check my mirrors. Neither one obstructs my view out the windshield or mirrors, but are close enough to line of sight so I can check them quickly without taking my eyes off the road.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:14 AM   #24
Gkri

TT-600 here as well. I recall a member who had been a tire designer for 40 years recommended the TT system. Works great.
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #25
Jake's Keystone

Hi! Well I'm another TST507user. Just hooked it up on the Cougar 5th wheel. Not hard to set up. I was contemplating getting 4 TPMS from GM for it as the newer trucks have the ability to include them on the display in the truck, the TST came with the Trailer.
The advantage I see with the GM sensors is it uses the built in display.

Sounds like you have all good options! Enjoy.

2022 GMC Sierra HD AT4
2022 Cougar 3169RLS
New and Traded
Jake's Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:46 AM   #26
horneb

Why steel valve stems, the only problem I have with the color monitor I upgraded to is after about 2 hours it will lose the signal form one of my spares on the back bumper of my pull camper but if I turn the monitor off the back on it usually comes right back but what gets me about that is it is a new sensors, I got for the second spare. Yes, the 507-system saved me from a lot more damage than what we got when a tire blew because when it did blow it felt like a small gust of wind hit us or when a tractor trailer goes by.
horneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by horneb View Post
Why steel valve stems, the only problem I have with the color monitor I upgraded to is after about 2 hours it will lose the signal form one of my spares on the back bumper of my pull camper but if I turn the monitor off the back on it usually comes right back but what gets me about that is it is a new sensors, I got for the second spare. Yes, the 507-system saved me from a lot more damage than what we got when a tire blew because when it did blow it felt like a small gust of wind hit us or when a tractor trailer goes by.
Steel valve stems are recommended to prevent flex. In my opinion it's not a big problem with the standard short stems and transmitters. Longer stems and flow thru sensors however place more forces on the stem. Steel bolt in stems are a good idea IMO for E rated or above tires where pressures are higher.

I'm guessing the lost signal on your spare is related to distance, interference or mounting location of the receiver vs the sensor being new. It's easy enough to test, if you think it's the new sensor swap it out for an old one and see if the issue follows the sensor or the location.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:28 AM   #28
bsmith0404

Rubber stems flex from centrifugal force. The sensor actually rubbed on the wheel and left a nice little scar on the aluminum. That was with the normal sensors. I now have flow through sensors which would probably be worse for flexing the valve stem, but probably not as bad for marring the wheel since the body of the sensor is rounded on the corners. I don’t have those wheels any more, but found a pic on line where someone else learned the hard way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49A7DCC3-377C-4DAC-A42B-7DFD38BD8AB0.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	39950  
Old 05-29-2022, 10:14 AM   #29
chamdaddy

Another vote for TST507 Color. Been using it for 2 years with no issues. Additional sensors are a bit pricey($50) so I just swap them between a couple of trailers when needed, it only takes about 5 seconds per tire(Cap version). I have not hooked up the extender yet on my new 43' 5'er and it never looses connection.
2020 F250 STX/FX4 CCSB 7.3/3.55 (build date 2/6/20)(SOLD 6/12/21)
chamdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:26 AM   #30
SC GT Yellow Jacket

Tireminder experience for me

I have the Tireminder i10. It came with a repeater and I use it. Never loses signal. It has saved me twice with rapid air pressure loss.

Should have mentioned I have had 4 valve stem failures due to excess force on stems from sensors. I had standard rubber coated brass stems. I bought 2 types of metal stems and none would fit my trailer or truck wheels (not enough clearance at base) I recently purchased metal valve stems from Colby, which can be installed without breaking the bead of the tire. These fit my truck fine. Will try them on trailer wheels this week.
SC GT Yellow Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:12 PM   #31
horneb

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Steel valve stems are recommended to prevent flex. In my opinion it's not a big problem with the standard short stems and transmitters. Longer stems and flow thru sensors however place more forces on the stem. Steel bolt in stems are a good idea IMO for E rated or above tires where pressures are higher.

I'm guessing the lost signal on your spare is related to distance, interference or mounting location of the receiver vs the sensor being new. It's easy enough to test, if you think it's the new sensor swap it out for an old one and see if the issue follows the sensor or the location.

Thanks I will move it but I have 2 spares mounted on the rear of the camper and the signal lose comes from the one on the passenger side and my monitor is on the drivers side of the windshield, I do have a booster mounted high on the back window of the truck shell instead of low on the trailer neck.
horneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:59 PM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

I mounted my booster right on my battery box lid and it works well for me. The spare on mine is on the center of the rear bumper about 34' back from the battery. My reciever is mounted up high in the corner of the windshield.
Old 05-29-2022, 01:01 PM   #33
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by horneb View Post
Thanks I will move it but I have 2 spares mounted on the rear of the camper and the signal lose comes from the one on the passenger side and my monitor is on the drivers side of the windshield, I do have a booster mounted high on the back window of the truck shell instead of low on the trailer neck.
Get an external antenna. I use a booster and external antenna since my utility trailer with the RZR is a long way back (39’ 5Th wheel) I used to lose signal to those sensors from time to time, even with the repeater. Now with the external antenna, never lose the signal and the sensors come up on screen much quicker. I just use a small 6” magnetic mount and run the wire through the door
Old 05-29-2022, 01:11 PM   #34
Rwake901

I am going to be different than everyone else. lol. I have the EEZ tire monitor system. I’ve had it on two different motor homes and now my fifth wheel. Never any trouble with it.
Rwake901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 03:41 PM   #35
Gunny Mike

I have a 38.3' long Outabck and we use the Tireminder with the booster. The quality for the wiring to the battery on the booster wasnt the best. Rusted out and had to splice on some new connectors. Just had one go out with loosing a signal so we purchased two more via Amazon. . The battery wasnt the problem. I dont use the locks on them as im continously dealing with adding air just before my trips. Might be easier to remove them while in storage for the winter.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #36
bsmith0404

I always remove mine when not in use. Seems like the batteries last longer. I’ve gone 3 years without changing them before, but the signal was getting weak and took quite a while for them to get picked up. Now I change the batteries every other year. Which reminds me, they’re due.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:27 PM   #37
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Mike View Post
I have a 38.3' long Outabck and we use the Tireminder with the booster. The quality for the wiring to the battery on the booster wasnt the best. Rusted out and had to splice on some new connectors. Just had one go out with loosing a signal so we purchased two more via Amazon. . The battery wasnt the problem. I dont use the locks on them as im continously dealing with adding air just before my trips. Might be easier to remove them while in storage for the winter.
"Continuously....adding air"? How old are your tires and valve stems? If I have a tire loosing air I take it to a tire shop and have them test it in a water tank.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:52 PM   #38
Folkie

I have the Tireminder i10 with the dedicated monitor and a repeater that I wired into the 7 pin cable bus for trailer running lights. The repeater only draws power when hooked to the TV and the truck lights are on. Great support from the company. I had two transmitters fail this spring and they were quickly replaced under warranty.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:09 PM   #39
GHen

TST 507 here. No booster needed (29’ 5’r) and no air leaking at all.

I also highly recommend metal valve stems.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:18 AM   #40
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwake901 View Post
I am going to be different than everyone else. lol. I have the EEZ tire monitor system. I’ve had it on two different motor homes and now my fifth wheel. Never any trouble with it.
See post #10. Like you, I've had no issues. It does what it's supposed to do
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote