Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #1
Kzneft

Not impressed with the new Toy Haulers

Went to the RV show this last weekend, and am sure not impressed with this years models. After looking at this years models it made me love my Carbon 349 even more. Not looking to buy a new one but it's always good to go to the RV show to get some new ideas of what to put on your own rig. One thing stood out for me was the bathrooms on the new Carbons and other models. Boy, I think the engineers blew this design. Take a look at the bathroom door. You literally have to step down a stair after you open the door in order to leave the bathroom. I can see this late at night right before you go to bed and forget there is a stair there. At least mine has a door into the master bedroom and another door to go into the main space. Just my 2 cents.
Kzneft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:25 PM   #2
roadglide

My first toy hauler was a 2006 Nitro made by Fleetwood trailer with no slides. The inside cabinetry was vanilla and we hated it. I was at the Tampa RV show and most of the toy haulers were vanilla cabinetry that is supposed to be the contemporary look more modern. I have a 2015 with raised panel looks to be solid dark oak cabinets. What was modern 18 years ago went out of style and has came back. The newer cabinetry is vanilla or blonde flat panel with styles. I’ll stay with my old Impact .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:05 AM   #3
ChuckS

I would not buy any RV being made right now.. Too high of a price and the quality is zero

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:24 AM   #4
roadglide

The Darling GF said the decor is more of a work shop silver gray industrial look . I should get my women more involved but I know it’s not going to be a short story.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:25 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I would not buy any RV being made right now.. Too high of a price and the quality is zero
I agree. Who knows, maybe the next iterations won't have the "throw back" cabinet colors. Just think, perhaps avacado appliances, orange upholstery and white shag carpet! vv
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

If you watch RV shows where couples look at three RVs at some mega-dealer, the missus will almost always comment on "grandma's style" or too dark or too light. Our old camper has the cheesy band of accent wall paper and dark oak cabinets but the original fabric looked like a test pattern and made me dizzy to look at. That, at least, is gone. In small, cramped spaces such as in an RV, the real dark decor is claustrophobic. I think all RV manufacturers should hire an outside designer that is not sight impaired.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler