Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2022, 07:35 AM   #1
Rob1955
Gone Traveling

Polar Package

What is a polar package on a camper?
What is an Arctic package on an RV? An Arctic package on an RV means that the motorhome is better isolated and fitted for long and cold winter days. The package usually includes dual thermal pane windows, preinstalled heating pads for the water tanks, better floor and roof insulation.Sep 20, 2021

Ok I have this sticker on my window. I just watched a video where the fellow had issues with the water lines freeezing up under his sink, also his water pump, so he was running an electric heater.. So I'm curious, I look under my own sink where the water heater and water lines are, and I can see day light where the wayer heater is set through the wall.. Not good in cold climates, but yet this has a polar package,, I figure I'll plug the areas where I can see light coming in.. I live up in the colder part of the US,, if I can fix it, I will.
Humm, the picture was right side up, the post is sideways, I'll figure that out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7866.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	38291  
Rob1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:14 AM   #2
rhagfo

Well Patti poor design, 90% of people don’t camp or use their RV in cold temperatures.
We full time on the wet side of Oregon, camp hosting. We don’t have an Arctic package, but have added some extra insulation as needed. We heat electrically, but through the furnace, using RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat. This keeps the basement and belly warm. Too many use space heaters, and forget about the basement.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:17 AM   #3
dutchmensport

You are correct. The first thing you need to do is go around your camper and plug all the holes and cracks.

Polar package doesn't mean very much ... really. It's primarily a marketing ploy to make the buyer think he is getting something better than it really is.

In order for any Artic Package, Polar Package, or 4 season package to work, first, all the hole have to be plugged. Second, the furnace has to run full. Heat from the furnace has to blow under the floor, and depending on how the trailer is configured, all that may mean is, the water lines run real close to the heat ducks.

If using electric heat inside the coach area, no heat will get under the floor. Things WILL freeze. It's just that simple. And yes, you can expect 50% of your propane usage to blow under the floor to keep things heated there, and the inside of the coach may still feel like it's freezing.

Sealing the holes is your best improvement you can ever do for your camper. It also help cooling in the Summer.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #4
Rob1955
Gone Traveling

I spent 20 some years on the wet side of Oregon, mostly around the Umpqua and Siulslaw river fishing salmon. It's colder there than one might imagine. A different cold.. I miis Winchester Bay, think it's now called Salmon Harbor. Ha, saw a package of crabs in Costco her, 43 bucks! My God I use to haulk a lot of those in after fishing.
Rob1955 is offline   Reply With Quote