Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2022, 04:33 PM   #1
Pennylee

Where Is It?!! lol

I am new at this camper thing. Our dad died in October, and left us. Before he got ill (dementia and asbestosis) he wanted to make sure we had a place to live (my younger sister and I). So he gave us this camper.
So I am the ‘tech support’ (I get to fix all the broken parts, in other words), and I have no idea where the water heater is located, or any other part I might need to find later on. There is also a pipe for gray, and one for black water. Is there a hose that is ‘y’ shaped to hook up to both of these-or do I need two hoses for them-we are going to be in an rv park.
I know I can depend on you folks here for help-I would just like some peace of mind with all this.
Thank you, in advance, for any help/advice you can give me!
Old 02-08-2022, 05:00 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I could find nothing that would show me the drains on your model trailer. I'm assuming you have two outlets. You can take 2 short hoses and run them into a drain hose Y (sold online or at RV stores) then another sewer hose to connect to the park drain connection.

Water heater will be behind a small panel on the exterior of the trailer. It will be maybe 14"x14" with louvred vents and generally a little pull ring you pull out, rotate then pull the door off.

Don't know your situation but there are lots of folks on this forum full of knowledge and willing to help. You need a crash course in not only your specific trailer, the layout etc. but how RVs work in general. Let us know what is going on and what's about to happen in order. An RV takes some specialized knowledge to be able to operate, setup and get prepared for.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:14 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

Pennylee - welcome to the forum. Post pictures of any and all items you have questions on…a picture is worth a bunch!
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you can post pics of the sides, I’m sure we can tell you what is where. Welcome to the forum

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:36 AM   #5
German Shepherd Guy

Pennylee. What Sourdough said but forgot to add, when you are hooked up only open the tanks and drain them when they are full. Do not just open them and leave them open like you are in your house. The Black tank especially needs to be full, or near so, to keep the dreaded "poop pyramid" from forming. Maybe others will pipe in who are more articulate than me . Not sure my explanation will make sense.
Welcome to the forum!

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:50 AM   #6
dutchmensport

Congrats on getting your camper. Sorry for the way it had to happen though. Meanwhile, ...

Here's a 2016 video of your make and model camper as a simple introduction to what your camper is all about. By the way ... YouTube is your friend!

Old 02-09-2022, 07:54 AM   #7
dutchmensport

Here's another introductory video: