Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2021, 07:42 AM   #1
BoBips

Water leaking from Tank Vent

2018 Keystone Raptor 425.

To the right of the water heater there is tank flush valve and a tank vent. I have a small but steady stream of water, appears fresh, leaking from the tank vent.

I’m on city water. I had recently put some water in my fresh tank but not currently using. I have no idea what this leak could mean and what it is connected to.

Appreciate help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2AB1890F-E7C2-46B3-B5AF-64E54D2452D2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	33162  
BoBips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBips View Post
2018 Keystone Raptor 425.

To the right of the water heater there is tank flush valve and a tank vent. I have a small but steady stream of water, appears fresh, leaking from the tank vent.

I’m on city water. I had recently put some water in my fresh tank but not currently using. I have no idea what this leak could mean and what it is connected to.

Appreciate help.
The water pump backflow valve is leaking.. easy fix
You can usually clean it and it'll quit or just put a good brass one in line... but either way, I'd add a strainer on the upstream line to the pump to catch junk from the FW tank. Bunch of threads and how to's on the forum.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
BoBips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
The water pump backflow valve is leaking.. easy fix
You can usually clean it and it'll quit or just put a good brass one in line... but either way, I'd add a strainer on the upstream line to the pump to catch junk from the FW tank. Bunch of threads and how to's on the forum.
Thank you. Glad to know it’s not a big deal. Sure enough, I checked and my water tank is full so it all makes sense. Thanks again.
BoBips is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tank, vent, water, water leak