Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2020, 04:02 AM   #1
chunker

Plumbing wet bay questions

In my post about the PDI I mentioned wet bay but thought I'd post here specifically the issues. In the wet bay on the Raptor there are 3 valves that control water flow depending on where you want water to go from where. I.E. normal flow from shore water or pumping from tank, winterizing, etc. Instructions on the wet bay wall reference the the 3 valves as red, white, and blue and the pictorial instructions show those colored valves in the appropriate positions. Problem is all the valve knobs are BLACK. Now based on looking at the valves and what should be the correct position I can guess what goes where but if I were to ask someone helping me to set the valves to certain flow, they would be at least initially confused until they studied it a bit. I'm wondering if Keystone has a bunch of colored valve knobs laying around they forgot to put in.

Another question I asked the tech and he didn't know was about water pressure on valves when changing they position. Specifically I used to have a GD Solitude and at the time GD used the Kantleak panel, (inappropriately named). In somewhat obscure instructions I received were to relieve pressure, turn off source and open faucet, BEFORE changing valve positions from say tank fill to normal flow. Not doing so, relieving pressure, could cause valve leaking. Has anyone heard or seen that recommendations for the panel Keystone uses in the Raptor.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:04 AM   #2
KRumm

The colored valves do exist...

https://youtu.be/uMzRHmG82vk

Someone comments in the video of the valve handle breaking... The manufacturer may have removed your colored ones to give you a sturdier handle...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC5EA845-05B7-4FFC-B843-4E4D3CA24159.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	25636  
KRumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:51 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

As for the valve color I would paint the center of the knob with some nail polish from the Dollar Store. It's good advice to remove pressure from the valves before changing them. Probably not as critical with 3 separate valves which I assume would be a manifold with 3 ball valves as opposed to one valve with a built in manifold.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:03 AM   #4
LewisB

Our PDI and wet bay experiences with our 2018 Raptor 353TS purchased in May of 2019 EXACTLY mirrors your two posts! I too found these valves as all black and confusing - just worked my way through it and have not made any modifications. The DW has a nice little label machine and I plan to make my own labels but haven't gotten around to it.

The 353 and 356 are quite similar mechanically (GVWR, Frame, length, etc.) but configured a bit different topside. We absolutely LOVE our 353!

Thanks for the posts. Best of luck.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing