Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2019, 05:14 AM   #1
Starpilot21

Heater not staying on

Ive got a 2015 raptor 412ts.
I started using the heater three nights ago. Was working great. Now however, it will kick on for about 15 seconds, then shut back off. And to get it to try again, i have to set the system to off, wait a second, then turn it back on for it to have the same outcome. Though I never had any problems last winter.

I know the gas shouldnt be an issue, my hot water and stove both work well. And as far as i can tell, power abundance isnt a problem either. All of my lights, accessories, as well as fireplace heater all work fine and the heater isnt throwing any breakers. Im at a loss
Starpilot21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:24 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Some more information would be great so the good folks here can offer some suggestions. What model/year is your camper. Did the furnace work in the past? If it was working, how long ago was it working?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #3
jim1

Check the sail switch if you can pull the outside cover off. It might have construction debris interfering with it. That what we found in ours, the fan would start up but the heat would not kick in. Good luck
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:50 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Thank you for editing your post to include more information. The problem could be several different things. The sail switch is one. I would check burner orifice for a blockage as spiders and other insects love the smell of lp and will nest in that area.
What your describing is the furnace attempting to light and when it fails the fan runs a few seconds to purge out the gas that did not ignite . As a safety feature, the furnace will then "lock out"to prevent further attempts and thus "loading up" the furnace with unburned gas that could lead to a fire and or explosion. Turning the unit off and back on resets the fault .
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:02 AM   #5
ChuckS

If this is an Atwood furnace locate the furnace module control board and observe the LED... record the # of flashes and troubleshoot based on faulty code...

Internal Circuit Board fault Steady on, no flashing

Limit switch/Airflow problems 1 flash with 3-second pause

Flame Sense fault 2 flashes with 3-second pause

Ignition Lockout Fault 3 flashes with 3-second pause

If it’s a Suburban there is no LED to aid in troubleshooting...

I’d go outside and see if you can here the igniter sparking... if you can then can you smell propane

If No to either of the above it could be bad sail switch, bad flame sensor, or bad control board module...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater