Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
ronheater70

auto level - 2 hours old is it broken already?

So my new 369bhs is home, we went through the auto leveling system. In the parking lot, it worked well..
Now however I can't get the rear jacks to lift manually. If I put it on auto level it works, however trying to put down the rear jacks alone will not go. they will retract though.. Is there a way to reset them or something? Been home 2 hours with it.

O.k I go through the menu and see one that says press enter to start manual mode, I do that and I can put down the rear jacks.. it does NOT have to be in that mode for the front to work, supposedly for hooking to the truck.. So I think I have operator error!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
travelin texans

In "manual" mode you should be able to raise/lower front, rear or right, left even level it to your liking. If you use the "auto level" it should remember your hitch height, but if after leveling you use manual that memory will be lost. Always move your truck well clear of the rv before hitting auto or risk damage to both, the 1st function of auto is to drop the front almost all the way down.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Always move your truck well clear of the rv before hitting auto or risk damage to both, the 1st function of auto is to drop the front almost all the way down.

Depends on which system you have. The hydraulic (level up) system will drop the front jacks. Electric ( ground control) doesn’t.

OP: when in manual mode you need to press the “retract” button to put the system in retract mode, the little indicator light will illuminate and you can retract the rear jacks.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
ronheater70

Yes the first thing it does is drop the front when in auto level mode.. I have it figured out now..It was purely operator error. However it led me to realize I didn't have him show me how to drop the jacks manually should something go wrong with power, etc..I'll need to research that a bit. I presume I can use a drill.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote