Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #21
kfennell1

I have a tailgater. It took me forever to get it hooked up. I connect the tailgater to the port on the outside of the travel trailer. I was told that I would have to run the cable through the slide and into the back of the DISH box. But, we are able to use the port on the RV. I cannot tell you exactly how I did it. It was trial and error for many hours. I ended up buying a RF modulator and the wires are connected through it.
Everything is connected now. We are even able to watch the tv in the bedroom. Don't give up.
kfennell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #22
Pare

Problem solved easily!

I had similar issue. Called Dishand they told me to connect antenna directly to the Wally. Apparently, there are too many connections that reduce the signal strength required to acquire all necessary satellite. Dish has been fantastic.
Pare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #23
Irv gates

24vctd. My Montana trailer came with one Tv cable outlet at the rear TV. Ohmn ing it out I determined that it was cabled through the antenna switch and that I couldnt get a clean conn that wouldnt disrupt my 5 volt power that my Dish needed. So thats why I just ran a direct connection under the slide out up to the back of the TV following a cable entrance and mounted the Dish conn on the edge of the slide out where it wouldnt get bothered. I havent found another cable in the wall of the camper to that area that would work. A splitter wont work, because of the way the electronics separate the signals to the cables. I havent felt a need yet to do anything different yet, so Since it works great, I will leave it as is for now. I love camping. IG
Irv gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #24
24vctd

Thanks Irv it’s going back to the dealer tomorrow to sort it out. I used the sat hookup on the roadside to the sat on the inside like the dealer said to,problem is I used the same exterior sat hookup to watch the cable tv through the powered ant hookup on the interiors before and didn’t
Have any problems so the sat hookup in messed up
24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:46 AM   #25
MattE303

Keystone's "satellite prep" wiring uses splitters that don't work for mobile dishes that get power thru the coax connection. Use the installed wallplates but replace the wiring with a direct run of good quality quad shield coax.

See my post in the "satellite hookup help" thread for details:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...14&postcount=5

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #26
Jawplw

Saatellite Dish

Trying to run your Wally in the cable input is a pain, it will work but moving some wires around.
I bought RV cable outside TV inlet.
your Wally send power to you dish and if you are trying to run in the one in RV it might have a booster for your antenna on your roof.
https://www.campingworld.com/black-t...SABEgKyjPD_BwE

2018 Cougar
29RLDWE
Jawplw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #27
24vctd

I think that’s what they are going to do at the dealer
Old 05-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #28
Old soldier
Gone Traveling

Keystone TV process broken

Just heard from Camping World today that they and Keystone agree all new Cougars and Montanas share an issue: their wiring is not interoperable with sat, cable, and OTA due to their wiring process using DIPLEXERS and single coax cables. Everyone agrees with new wiring harness, external antennae can’t power the You should all read how diplexers, triplexers, combiners, and splitters work/don’t work. Keystone isn’t standing behind their product, but Camping World in Strafford, MO is going to run new coaxes from my convenience center in to the living room and bedroom TVs. Hopefully will fix the issue by having a direct line from convenience center coax in, to TV out in both entertainment centers. Good luck.
Old soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #29
Electric Bill

If there's a DC supply voltage feeding the dish circuitry through the coax cable, and you have a device such as a 2 way splitter in between, the DC voltage will not pass through. The splitter has a capacitor in it and blocks DC. Amplifiers can do similar things incling loading down the DC to where it's nonexistent at the dish.
If you can eliminate the splitter you should get the power to the dish. The coax going to dish with DC supply power shouldn't need to be split. Only the output side going to multiple tvs with usually a master and slave receiver would possibly need a splitter.
Electric Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #30
24vctd

My dealer redid my wiring to the living room and added another sat connection outside hope it works
Old 06-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #31
Homer & Marge

cable.Dish. Antenna.

There is only one easy way to get all three and that is to separate and identify each individual run yourself, with a continuity check. My '2012 trailer has two runs from the outside equipment area, one for cable and one for satellite. There is one run from outside awning area cable, one from front bedroom, one from rear bunkhouse. That makes 5. Two are supply and three are tv locations. They are all usually routed to a common area near the central entertainment area (for location of tv #6) If you can, get the mess of cables out of the wall(not an easy task) and identify the three you need. because of all the splitters, amp and cables stuffed through a standard size cutout. the runs you need are: direct sat feed from outside service area. Direct Cable feed from outside service area. feed for over the air antenna from amp. Simple once the cables are identified. Have camped and had all three; sat, cable, antenna, working in minutes. If you need more than one tv for satellite, good luck!! Only direct runs work.
Homer & Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #32
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer & Marge View Post
There is only one easy way to get all three and that is to separate and identify each individual run yourself, with a continuity check. My '2012 trailer has two runs from the outside equipment area, one for cable and one for satellite. There is one run from outside awning area cable, one from front bedroom, one from rear bunkhouse. That makes 5. Two are supply and three are tv locations. They are all usually routed to a common area near the central entertainment area (for location of tv #6) If you can, get the mess of cables out of the wall(not an easy task) and identify the three you need. because of all the splitters, amp and cables stuffed through a standard size cutout. the runs you need are: direct sat feed from outside service area. Direct Cable feed from outside service area. feed for over the air antenna from amp. Simple once the cables are identified. Have camped and had all three; sat, cable, antenna, working in minutes. If you need more than one tv for satellite, good luck!! Only direct runs work.
Two possible solutions for this scenario:

1. BETTER: Run an HDMI cable from the entertainment center (or wherever the satellite receiver is) to each remote TV. If you want to watch more than one tv at the same time, you'd need a powered HDMI splitter. We don't, so I just hook up the HDMI cable for whichever tv we're watching at the moment.

2. EASIER: Assuming you already have cable/antenna coax hookups for remote tv's, run an extra "return" coax line from the satellite receiver location to the external cable hookup (typically in the convenience center), then hook the satellite receiver coax output (aka the ch 3/4 modulated signal) to the cable input.

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote