Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Agree with Chuckster, Keystone has nothing to do with the issues you face - they are 100% dealer issues and you need to get in the middle of that. Wasting your time trying to write or call Keystone is just.......a waste of time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #22
mark1228

If it really is going to take 2-8 weeks to fix a toilet this time of year, there is more wrong than we all know. To be fair, I have had many items work at PDI and fail the first time out so it is possible it was not a PDI issue, but it also maybe got missed on PDI which it should not have.

Either way, there is no reason for it to take that long to fix. A good dealer would most likely have the toilet valve in stock and at my store we would have a replacement toilet in stock over 90% of the time. Even if we did not, we get parts 3 times a week. This sounds like an easy fix so there is no reason it should take this long unless there is more to the story than we know.

On edit: In my store getting the salesperson involved would be a great idea. My sales staff does not turn over very often and would bring it to my attention. However as has been mentioned, in the big stores there is a large amount of turnover and it may not help at all.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #23
tomd

Well I paid the service department a surprise visit for progress report of fixing my toilet drain valve. They agreed black valve was bad; Keystone approved a valve replacement. So I called keystone to get fast shipping, they told me dealer has to place the order directly with manufacturer, and that all was approved but not expedited shipping. [My guess is order was still not placed by dealer yet either]. By the time I found my service manager, he had located the valve in the store; said it was a big project and it should be done in a week. Will see if done this week now. Time line:
2 weeks to get ok to inspect & to find bad valve; 6 days to get Keystone approval to replace it; 2 days to get a valve; 1 week to install it(maybe).
Old 02-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #24
travelin texans

If their replacing the flush valve in the toilet, that was about an hour job the 1st time I did it, the 2nd time was faster, the 3rd time took about a hour to replace the POS toilet with a different brand.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

If it’s the black tank valve, it is a bit of a chore. BTDT...Nobody wants that job. New guy always gets the next one first, rite of passage LOL

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

There are two members who have posted warranty problems in this thread. The OP and first poster, garroum, who identified a leaking toilet valve has not yet posted any resolution. He is followed by tomd who posted that he has the "same issue" but it appears his issue is not a leaking toilet flush valve but rather is a black tank dump valve problem.

If you post comments about a specific issue, please post which of these two members you're addressing. It's going to get very confusing if this thread goes to 5 or 6 pages of "recommendations for you to consider".... so be sure to state to whom you're making your suggestion......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote