Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
BIG KAHUNA

Mind of its own

Does anyone have problems with their Dometic AC/furnace just going on when it seemingly is shut off?. My DW heard the furnace switch on yesterday afternoon for no apparent reason but it did shut down when she went into the RV and shut it off, It is very cold here in New England, but is there some sort of auto thermostat feature that kicks in when the temperature goes below the programmed setting? It has also done this in the Summer when it gets really warm in the RV and the AC is NOT turned on.
BIG KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Is LACONIA close to OSCODA???? Check crazycain's posts about the ghosts that inhabit his trailer. You may be the "fortunate owner" of the second "wayward home for the spirits"......

To answer your question, no, there's not a "relief thermostat" on either the heating or cooling system. If the thermostat is truly turned off, the entire system is disabled. If, however, the "buttons are pushed until it looks like it's off" without verification, the thermostat may actually have been moved from "A/C" to "HEAT" (which allows the ghosts to play while you're out of sight)..... Your statement, "but it did shut down when she went into the RV and shut it off" leads me to believe you probably "set it up for the ghosts" the last time you "button pushed the thermostat".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
aaron_huber

I've got a Dometic LCD thermostat (looks like http://pantherrvproducts.com/dometic...zone-lcd-black) and experienced something similar over the weekend. I had the furnace/AC completely off as I was using electric heaters and when I was standing in the kitchen I heard the AC fan come on. When I went to look at the thermostat it was set to "low" fan mode.

The only thing I noticed was that there was very bright sunlight coming in through the window immediately across from the thermostat and hitting the thermostat full on. It was probably the only ray of sun we had all weekend on the Oregon coast and I was assuming the light or heat were enough to trigger the capacitive buttons.

Aaron
aaron_huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 AM   #4
CrazyCain

[QUOTE=JRTJH;263088]Is LACONIA close to OSCODA???? Check crazycain's posts about the ghosts that inhabit his trailer. You may be the "fortunate owner" of the second "wayward home for the spirits"......

Funny John!!!! and Yes, we have heard the weird noises already this "winter"

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Tom,

At least it's "ghosts"
and not "monsters".....