Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
jje1960

Installed portable aircon in garage

Installed a 7.5k portable aircon unit in the garage today. We have had this unit for a few years, loved how quiet it runs and how little amp draw it has. We actually used to use it in a previous TT with a 1k genset! Bought a piece of thin board from homedepot, used the screen as a template, cut a round hole for the exhaust tube and drilled a hole through the floor for the water drain. Worked out well, did not drill a hole for the drain tube through the sheet metal underbelly, just let the tube come out through the seam and put the screws back in. Will go get a can of the expandable foam and squirt some around the tube tomorrow. Reason for putting the unit back there is to supplement the 15k main unit and to have the option of just using the portable during the day while on genset for dry camping, the garage has turned into the mancave when the golf cart is out, nice to only cool the garage area during the main heat of the day, then turn on the main unit after sun goes down. Will take a couple of pics if I can find the camera!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airconsmoutside.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	451   Click image for larger version

Name:	airconsm1.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	452  
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
dave-g

why not make an adapter and go out the low vent behind the ac unit?

I have been debating adding a 2nd ac. CW had one on sale for 499.00 last week. But you may have a better idea.

My 1st trip will be in a few weeks- dry camping at a motorcycle race. I'm hoping the one ac does ok with 6 people and a dog. It seems ok in the driveway on 95 degree day- about 75 inside. Garage a little warmer.
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
jje1960

Portable

I really did want to keep this "portable", there is a high rate of airflow necessary which would have required I completely tear the lower vent out... Not really keen on that, so went with the window plate.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote