Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #21
TheDonna

yeah, the manuals are of no use, no real explanation of things for a newbie like me. I have read them more than once...I am researching the net, nothing of value yet. Also, I realize now I did not get a thorough walk through....they never showed me the back of the tank under the bench. Sorry you felt that you had to post your response...it was of no help either. I am 58, on my own for the first time....thrown away by an ex husband after 20 years.....Good day to you sir and I hope you never have a problem/question and someone replies to you in a snarky manner
TheDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #22
notanlines

Donna, I don't believe Ken meant to be snarky. I've seen Ken when he's snarky and that wasn't it. I think if you read what he wrote again you'll see the light in which it was written.
One more thing. Most members on here go well out of their way to help anyone, but especially women.
Give us a chance.
And when you're in town stop at the Berrytown for coffee and throw that alligator a big snack for us!
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #23
TheDonna

oh me and ol hardhide go way back. Love the Berrytown biscuits. I am actually in Gatlinburg right now, going to be working for Dollywood. My first big camping trip all by myself...loving the peace and quiet.

anyway, did not want ya'll thinking I was not trying, or trying to read the manuals. Like I said they don't give a lot of info, and don't show the back of the water heater, only the front.

Thanks for your response
TheDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #24
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonna View Post
oh me and ol hardhide go way back. Love the Berrytown biscuits. I am actually in Gatlinburg right now, going to be working for Dollywood. My first big camping trip all by myself...loving the peace and quiet.

anyway, did not want ya'll thinking I was not trying, or trying to read the manuals. Like I said they don't give a lot of info, and don't show the back of the water heater, only the front.

Thanks for your response
Congrats on the new job, Dollywood is a great place...hope you enjoy you hideout like i do....all will work out!!!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #25
MarcS

The manuals are useless. There should be an access panel on the inside of the RV directly opposite the outside panel you have shown. That is where the bypass valve will be. If there is not an access panel directly opposite the outside hot water heater, there should be an access panel near it (inside) where you can get to plumbing to hot water heater.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #26
TyeeMan

All I can say is shame on your dealer for not providing you with comprehensive walk through, there is a ton of stuff to know about and know how to properly operate.

That said I applaud your bravery to go out and purchase an rv and live in it all by yourself. I can't think of very many, , strike that, I can't think of any women I know that would do that.

Good luck and I hope you get all the systems figured out.
TyeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

I too applaud your decision to get out and try the RV. It's unfortunate and wrong, IMO, for the dealer to sell an RV without a thorough walk thru - but some do it. That said, there are lots of good, knowledgeable folks on here that are willing to go above and beyond to help you out so you now have a treasure trove of information to help you. And, as Jim said, Ken wasn't being snarky - just trying to be helpful.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #28
Ken / Claudia

It's OK, I never felt the need to post, just trying to help. I am not sure you really read my post, that's OK, the problem has likely caused some stress. Since you did not mention having any manuals or the booklet I added that because you need them. As I wrote it can be overwhelming.
I recently paid 600 on a handheld GPS unit and had to down load the manual the learn how to use it. I read it, every word all 24 pages. For me it might as well be written in Russian. I do not understand much of it. But, a trip back to the store got me to understand it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #29
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Just in general on valves, if the handle is perpendicular to the pipe, it's closed. If parallel to the pipe, it's open.

If you thought Ken's remark was snarky, be careful posting about tires or pulling a 35 foot trailer with a Volkswagen. Just a friendly warning. [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #30
Carrottop

I have said it before and I will say it again. Opinions are like A****s everyone has one . Never want to debate tire pressure on here again.
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #31
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Just in general on valves, if the handle is perpendicular to the pipe, it's closed. If parallel to the pipe, it's open.

If you thought Ken's remark was snarky, be careful posting about tires or pulling a 35 foot trailer with a Volkswagen. Just a friendly warning. [emoji41]

lolol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #32
SummitPond

Quote:
... be careful posting about tires or pulling a 35 foot trailer with a Volkswagen. Just a friendly warning. [emoji41]
How about pulling it with a Prius?
Attached Images

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #33
Desert185

So...is there success? Hot water?
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #34
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShacterShack View Post
How about pulling it with a Prius?

Wow! That's pretty cool. Wish we had another angle so we could see how they built that hitch out behind the back hatch.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #35
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
So...is there success? Hot water?
Maybe we'll here back, maybe we'll not here back. It's all contingent on how the testosterone here has affected the senses. We've possibly activated a few degrees what is known as PTSD since OP made it clear to all about a separation. But not to worry. Everything will turn out well.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:00 AM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's theDonna's the Last Activity: 10-05-2017 01:46 PM. She signed off then and has not returned. The last post she made was in response to notanlines' comment about the Berrytown biscuits. So, three possibilities:

1) She's in Berrytown eating biscuits and throwing tidbits to some alligator
2) She's "lost in a manual" trying to get hot water.
3) She's got her problem solved and "moved on with her new job at Dollyworld" and is enjoying hot water.

Oh, I suppose there's a fourth: She really was offended by some of the comments made ???

Hopefully, she's just busy at work and we'll hear back sooner or later.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:00 AM   #37
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonna View Post

Thanks for your response
First welcom to the forum and wishing you much success in your new career and life. Lots of great advice already given. I would only add this, start researching maintaining your new investment. RV's are not maintenance free, especially the roof. Some time and little money will prevent spending a lot of money in the future.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #38
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny's Journey View Post
Maybe we'll here back, maybe we'll not here back. It's all contingent on how the testosterone here has affected the senses. We've possibly activated a few degrees what is known as PTSD since OP made it clear to all about a separation. But not to worry. Everything will turn out well.
I can’t wait for the weight police to “weigh in.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	E87ED943-F9CF-4A80-8377-DB9F4647F249.png
Views:	99
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	14268
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #39
Ruko

Quote:

How about these...

2013 Fuzion 342
2015 Dodge Ram 3500
Ruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #40
Cardcathrn

Mine has 2 switches. One on the outside which I turn on once water is hooked up. I then wait about 15 minutes, run the cold water and when the water runs smooth, I switch th side on. One is for when running on propane and the per is or else. That is thee one I switch on. Providing you are running it on electric.
Cardcathrn is offline   Reply With Quote