Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Canam

Water Leak

We own a 2013 Fuzion 310 TH and got caught in a heavy rain while camping last weekend. When packing up to leave for home I noticed that the carpet was wet behind the couch in the corners of the slide-out. When we got back home I opened up slide-outs ( bedroom and Livingroom) and discovered both had water leaks. Behind the couch in the living room, and behind the drawers in the bedroom.

I didn't see any breaks or tears in the roof material or sides, so I assumed the water was penetrating near the floor. On the livingroom slide, I removed the side wall bottom angle protector. And on the Bedroom slide I removed the outside wall bottom perimeter frame. Both were soaking wet and the screws had shown signs of rust. Turned up the heat and placed fans and extra heaters inside for a day to try to dry out the carpet and floor pans.

To repair the main slide I seperated the side wall sheeting from the vertical frame and resealed the vertical frame with silicone behind and wrapped around the metal. (manufacturer had a small silicone strip on the edge of the metal that had shrunk and retracted). On the bottom edging I resealed with Butyl tape on the metal and siliconed top and bottom seams.

To repair the bedroom I used the butyl tape to reseal the bottom of the outside wall perimeter frame and reattached with additional screws. (manufacturer used silicone and three screws, which had shrunk and seperated creating a sink for water to collect). Again I siliconed the top and bottom edge as well, to seal the frame and prevent water from penetrating from underneath.

I was lucky to find the leaks by having a sweater beside the couch that was wet when i picked it up, or I might not have found the leaks till the musty smell arrived. Hopefull this repair works. Not looking forward to try and find any more leaks.
Canam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
Blrmaker

My fuzion has a leak near the same place in the living area slide out. If you could post some pictures of what you had performed it would help me try to track down the leak.

Thank you for the post!

2011 Fuzion 412 Touring edition III #34 of 50
'19 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW
Blrmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
Canam

I'll try and get some pics in the next day or two.

Cheers
Canam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
Canam

Here are some pics.
First 2 show living room slide with the vertical seam (black on black) resealed with clear silicone. And bottom seam (white metal on black side wall) resealed with butyl tape behind and white silicone.

Last 2 show bedroom slide with the lower frame bracket resealed with butyl tape behind and white silicone (more for asthetics than purpose)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	8645   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	8646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0836.jpg
Views:	104