Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
rdoubldee

Carbon 387 Options

We purchased a 2014 Carbon 387 back in December this year, really love it so far. Something I noticed recently is some of the 2015 Carbon 387 pictures I have seen have a reclining sofa? I have yet to find this as an option on the short list of options published on the website.
Can I get the reclining sofa for ours? Does anyone have any experience with the reclining sofa in this or other models? Likes/Dislikes?

I also seen where some 387 models have a second A/C and heat option, is this for the cargo/garage space? We were using an electric space heater for winter and spring but have found it pretty difficult to cool it off now in the summer months. I know they mentioned the master bedroom is pre-wired for second A/C unit but wondering if anyone has one in their garage.

Thanks
rdoubldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
rnkburg

The couch thing is a needle in a haystack. Either you luck up and find one selling one or you actually have an rv dealer that will go the extra mile and locate one for you. There not cheap, as I have been looking as well.

For the ac you need the second one. With the one in the bedroom going it stays comfortable in there now even on really hot days. Our garage does well from the main unit but you have to take those round vent covers completly out. I also took all of them out in the living room. I keep the bedroom and bathroom ones shut and let the bedroom ac do its job there. We have camped in 90 plus weather with high humidity and been comfortable that way.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
rdoubldee

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated
rdoubldee is offline   Reply With Quote