Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
jayref10

331 Chrome electrical issues

I just got my new 2014 Fuzion 331 Chrome home last weekend. Everything was going great but then today I went to try to open the slides so I could load some things in and they wouldn't work in fact nothing was working, the slides, the awnings, and the leveling jacks. Actually anything that can be operated by the remote. The lights still work but nothing else does. I opened the circuit breaker panel and nothing was tripped and I can't figure out why nothing works! There is a light on the circuit board that is blinking (dunno if that has anything to do with it). It is still under warranty and I wrote an email to my dealer but I can't lower the trailer to get it on my truck because my jacks won't work (no power). Any one else has a similar issue? Ideas? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jayref10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
duhameister

Is there enough battery power? Plugged in?

Generator start?

The blinking light- is there a fuse out next to the light? On mine when the lights on it means there's a fuse out.
2013 KX450F
2009 KXF450
duhameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like your battery is discharged, Plug the RV into shore power, wait a couple of hours and try again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
ctpd814

Make sure that the battery switch is turned on. On my Fuzion, the battery does not charge if the switch is off. There are several things that will draw with the switch off though.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:48 AM   #5
jayref10

Thanks guys. I'm thinking it has something to do with the battery as well. The battery switch is called "battery disconnect" so you're saying that needs to be turned ON? I will try that. I know it's supposed to charge the battery when plugged in at home. I just don't think it is. I'll try that and let you know.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:05 AM   #6
ctpd814

Right the battery disconnect must be on or the battery will not charge. Even with the battery disconnect off there are things that will draw the battery down in a few days.

The battery disconnect switch is powered from the battery, not from the charger. If the battery is low enough, the disconnect will not turn on unless you jump the battery from another good battery. I found this out the hard way.

I was camping with full hookup for a few days so I left the battery disconnect off. I put the awnings in at night and out in the mornings. I tried to put them in one night and nothing. I figured out the battery was low and tried to turn the battery disconnect on. It would not turn on. I had to hook the battery up to my truck with jumper cables then the swich turned on and all was well.

This is all asuming you have the same disconnect I have.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 AM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpd814 View Post
Right the battery disconnect must be on or the battery will not charge. Even with the battery disconnect off there are things that will draw the battery down in a few days.

The battery disconnect switch is powered from the battery, not from the charger. If the battery is low enough, the disconnect will not turn on unless you jump the battery from another good battery. I found this out the hard way.

I was camping with full hookup for a few days so I left the battery disconnect off. I put the awnings in at night and out in the mornings. I tried to put them in one night and nothing. I figured out the battery was low and tried to turn the battery disconnect on. It would not turn on. I had to hook the battery up to my truck with jumper cables then the swich turned on and all was well.

Have not crawled around in basement yet to see what is actually there but it was my understanding that it was a keyed manual switch. I can not see a reason why it would be powered unless your rig has these remote control options and even that would not understand logic in the design. Sounds like you are saying can not turn key switch unless there is battery power?? Am I reading you correctly??

DAY NOT starting out good woke up to overnight snow covering ground again! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #8
ctpd814

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Have not crawled around in basement yet to see what is actually there but it was my understanding that it was a keyed manual switch. I can not see a reason why it would be powered unless your rig has these remote control options and even that would not understand logic in the design. Sounds like you are saying can not turn key switch unless there is battery power?? Am I reading you correctly??

DAY NOT starting out good woke up to overnight snow covering ground again! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
I do not have a keyed switch. I only have an electric powered rocker switch on the panel.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Question

Quote:

Read this again, if on shore power, disconnect off position yes batteries not getting charged from converter is my understanding. However converter not batteries in this state providing 12Vdc to coach including awning motor. ???

Like I said maybe still half asleep going out and jump in the snow

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #10
ctpd814

Quote:
Read this again, if on shore power, disconnect off position yes batteries not getting charged from converter is my understanding. However converter not batteries in this state providing 12Vdc to coach including awning motor. ???

Like I said maybe still half asleep going out and jump in the snow
The slide outs, landing gear, and awnings all run off of the battery only. Your manual should say not to run the above items without the battery. They draw too much current for the converter.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

News to me
I would assume your converter like mine is Max 100 AMP.
If it was warmer out (yeap, old wimp) would go out and try these combinations out.
it was understanding converter would power all 12VDC DEVICES. And with disconnect switch off batteries would just not get charged. Have not had Raptor long enough to try all combinations. I am sure others will. Chime in asmembers wake up and have their coffee

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #12
jayref10

I turned the switch to ON and let it charge a few hours. Tried in and viola it worked again! Glad I learned this in my driveway instead of 1000 miles from home. Thanks guys! I guess there's really no reason to have the switch turned to OFF?

Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #13
ctpd814

Quote:
News to me
I would assume your converter like mine is Max 100 AMP.
If it was warmer out (yeap, old wimp) would go out and try these combinations out.
it was understanding converter would power all 12VDC DEVICES. And with disconnect switch off batteries would just not get charged. Have not had Raptor long enough to try all combinations. I am sure others will. Chime in asmembers wake up and have their coffee
Yours may be wired differently then mine. On mine the hydraulic pump and the awnings are wire directly to the battery through their own 12 vdc breakers.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #14
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Yours may be wired differently then mine. On mine the hydraulic pump and the awnings are wire directly to the battery through their own 12 vdc breakers.
I assume you mean the 12VOLT fuses located in the Power Distribution Panel?
It was my understanding that the row of 12V fuses were off of one bus and not split. That is to say that bus is powered by the battery/converter combo. Would be nice if someone had circuit diagrams for these units, but then again too easy

Back to this magic Battery Disconnect this has always been a mystery as to what it shuts off and what not. Started to make a list then lost list

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #15
ctpd814

Quote:
I assume you mean the 12VOLT fuses located in the Power Distribution Panel?
It was my understanding that the row of 12V fuses were off of one bus and not split. That is to say that bus is powered by the battery/converter combo. Would be nice if someone had circuit diagrams for these units, but then again too easy

Back to this magic Battery Disconnect this has always been a mystery as to what it shuts off and what not. Started to make a list then lost list
No they are not run through the distribution panel. The hydraulic pump, and awnings are connected to automotive style 12 volt circuit breakers dirrectly off of the battery.

That is how mine is wired. Yours may be different.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #16
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
No they are not run through the distribution panel. The hydraulic pump, and awnings are connected to automotive style 12 volt circuit breakers dirrectly off of the battery.

That is how mine is wired. Yours may be different.

Just looked at a picture of fuses in Distribution Panel trying to read labels next to fuses, Had to be a one year old that wrote the description label, did make out at least the one for awnings started to make out other labels till got to one labeled "RAPTOR" GO Figure

Net next time I go out there I will do it the real scientific way " start throwing breakers, switches, et, and see what happens

Take Care

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #17
MBD

Glad you got it figured out. I still haven't figured out my battery disconnect switch. It is a momentary rocker-no "on" no "off"
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #18
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBD View Post
Glad you got it figured out. I still haven't figured out my battery disconnect switch. It is a momentary rocker-no "on" no "off"
Have not seen you initial problem? Could you state what problem is?
Thanks

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #19
MBD

I'll take that as permission to hijack the thread. My problem is I don't know how my battery disconnect works and no info in the owners manual. As stated, the switch is a momentary rocker. No idea what using the switch will do, or when to use it.

Completely different from previous trailers that had a two position switch.
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
ctpd814

I have not found any advantage of this switch so far. I am going to install a more traditional true battery disconnect so when it is in storage, I can disconnect the battery without removing the cables.