Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
CampingCorgi

Cougar 302RLS question

Hi all,
We bought a new camper last week from a dealer, my parents today bought a camper off Craigslist (copy cats, lol).

They said it looked in good condition, but it needs a really good cleaning. The owner lived in it for a year, and smoked.

Does anyone have recommendations to clean it? I recommended taking it somewhere and having it detailed, not sure if they will do that. Thoughts?
thanks!
CampingCorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

When buying something used (especially if it was owned by a smoker and you aren't), not much will replace the investment called "sweat-equity" The only way I know to get it clean is to roll up your shirt sleeves, grab a bucket and a sponge and get busy.

After a thorough cleaning (including the drapes, carpet, cushion covers and all other fabrics in the trailer, give it a good spray of Lysol (or another preferred disenfectant) followed by opening all the windows and letting the sun "bake" dry all the interior.

Other than that, I don't know of much that will make it smell "new" again.

As for having it detailed..... Around here, that generally means paying a lot of money for someone to vaccuum, clean windows and spray some "stinky stuff". IMHO you don't get the value for what you pay.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
billb800si

Smile

Here's a thought.
Phone a cleaning maid service company like "Molly Maids" etc... and explain that you have a travel trailer (size etc...) and you would like it thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. If they don't do that they may know where you can have it done.
Good luck,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
davidjsimons

Sprinkle some coffee grounds into the carpet and put some under the mattresses and such. Close the doors up in the hot weather for about a week, then vacuum it all out. This should help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
CampingCorgi

Thank you got the suggestions.
Camping Corgi and Camping Aussie
CampingCorgi is offline   Reply With Quote