Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
TandE

Laundry and black tank accessory storage

Just had a couple questions as we are getting ready for our maiden voyage with our new 22rb hideout.

Pretty much was wondering what everyone is doing for their "dirty" laundry? Like where do you put it till it is wash day? I know some trailers have a laundry chute but what about you who don't? Especially with wet towels? Usually this isn't that big of a deal as our trips are usually a week or less but in June we are going on an almost 2 week excursion to New Mexico for a family reunion.

Also what does everyone do with their black tank fittings (I only have the bumper storage for now looking to add a fence post mod so I can keep the sewer hose together) so the 90 that connects to the sewer line in the ground needs a place and also the black tank flush hose (grey hose) my water thief, clear sewer adapter, and sewer hose wash out cap. I was thinking of putting all of these in a clear container with lid in the pass thru storage up front as that is the only outside storage I have. Good idea? Or should I do something else? Just looking to see what others have done.

Thanks for the input
Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
GaryWT

We just added a 6 inch PVC pipe under the trailer for hose storage and it fits the elbow. Up until this point we have had the hoses in a rubbermaid container in the front storage. That worked fine but I am trying to open up the storage a little so it is easier to get to things.

As for laundry, we have a chute now so we will see how that goes but in the past we had a hamper which we placed where ever we could since most bathrooms are not big enough. For towels, we have hooks on the bathroom door to hange them, we try to use them 2 days when possible to cut down on things while camping. After hanging for a day we then fold them and put them on the hamper. Sometimes we use our wooden drying rack outside for them. Also, on longer trips we will transfer the laundry into a trash bag and store it in the truck to get it out of the trailer.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We bought a collapsing hamper from ACE hardware on sale a couple of years ago and store it in the tub when we're not using it. Move it to just outside the door when we shower. We NEVER put damp wash into the hamper, always let it dry and then fold so it fits better and doesn't take as much space. Once the hamper is somewhat full, we transfer the clothing to a black trashbag and put it in the truck bed. Occasionally, if it's a long trip, we'll stop at a laundromat and spend an hour, if the clothing isn't needed, we just leave the black bag in the bed of the truck until we get home.

If you have a front bed with the passthrough storage under it, you might be able to put hinges on the bedside tabletop, or possibly cut a door in the bedside table and put a laundry basket behind it. Then just open the door, drop the laundry into a hamper/basket and close the door.

Another simple alternative is a laundry basket in the storage under the bed. Just lift the bed, drop clothing in and drop the bed back down. Whatever you choose, I'd let the clothing completely air dry before storage.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
f6bits

Our dirty laundry goes into a storage tub in the bed, if that makes sense. Half of under our bed is empty space and the bed lifts for access. Anything wet gets hung outside. Anything still damp gets dumped in its own container the day we return home.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
TandE

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to try them out and see which works best for us. Being that this is our first trailer I have never thought about stuff like this that seems so simple. Only one way to find out is to try, and that means more camping!!!!
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandE View Post
Pretty much was wondering what everyone is doing for their "dirty" laundry? Like where do you put it till it is wash day? I know some trailers have a laundry chute but what about you who don't? Especially with wet towels? Usually this isn't that big of a deal as our trips are usually a week or less but in June we are going on an almost 2 week excursion to New Mexico for a family reunion.
Our last trailer was similar to yours and what we did was we had two plastic tubs under the bed. We would put the wet/damp stuff in one and the stuff that was just dirty in the other. When they would start getting full, which doesn't take long we would put everything in a couple of garbage bags and head to the laundry.

Quote:
Also what does everyone do with their black tank fittings (I only have the bumper storage for now looking to add a fence post mod so I can keep the sewer hose together) so the 90 that connects to the sewer line in the ground needs a place and also the black tank flush hose (grey hose) my water thief, clear sewer adapter, and sewer hose wash out cap. I was thinking of putting all of these in a clear container with lid in the pass thru storage up front as that is the only outside storage I have. Good idea? Travis
This is exactly what I do. I even put my sewer hose in the same container.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #7
muddynoll

We put dirty clothes in a large nylon duffel bag to make it easy get into the house when we get home. Wet clothes are hung to dry or stored in the tub for the trip home. I keep all the sewer hose attachments in a Rubbermaid bin in the rear compartment near the sewer outlet. It keeps any water used in cleaning them off contained and the compartment dry. Sewer hose is held in a 5 inch fence post mounted on the rear bumper. The back up hose is in the bumper, but I rarely use it so the bumper stays dry and less prone to rust
2004 F350,CCLB SRW 6.0Powerstroke, 4.30 Gears, Curt 1,500 Lb. Hitch with sway control *2017 Fuzion Impact 312, Sailun S637 Tires 2011 Passport 2910 BH, 2006 Jayco 232, 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, ReeseDualCam, Prodigy P3
muddynoll is offline   Reply With Quote