Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Bigbeardiver

Dump valves

Another newbie question:

I know there is a black, grey, fresh and galley tanks at least according to the panel in the trailer. However there are only 3 dump valves, which are not marked.

Two of the valves (1+2) have long pulls and it sounds like the liquids flow out the same large pipes. The last valve (3) is on a thinner pipe.

I assume the right most valve (1) is black, middle valve (2) grey and left valve (3) galley. Since I'm hooked to a pressurized water flow I'm assuming there is no fresh water tank dump.

So am I right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tanklights.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	3643   Click image for larger version

Name:	dumpvalves.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	3644  

2009 Sprinter 311BHS
Patrick and Brenda
Bigbeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
theeyres

You are correct. There is no fresh water dump valve. To dump the fresh water there is a pipe right under the fresh water tank. It has a plastic valve on it that you loosen or remove and the water just runs out on the ground.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
GMcKenzie

Best suggestion is to get a short, clear pipe that attaches between your sewer hose and the dump valve. At least you can then figure out which is the black valve. The small pipe should be the galley, but no idea which of the other two is which.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
audio1der

A clear 45* or 90* elbow for the black tank is a must! You need to be able to see what comes out (or what is left). This would allow you to easily tell between the gray water which is literally light gray, and black water which is, well, nasty.
We have only 2 dump valves so I suspect the 3rd would be your galley tank. As mentioned above, fresh is almost always just let out the bottom of the tank by an "umbilical" which you unscrew the end cap off of.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
vwags

I have a 2013 28BHS with 3 valves but 2 dumps. The thin pipe is the galley and hooked to the black so they dump out the same port then there is another grey that is all by itself. Hope that helps. You could dump all 3 and then add a few gallons to 1 tank and see which valve is which.
vwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
Bigbeardiver

I figured it out. Furthest to the right #1 is the black, #2 is the grey and #3 is the galley. Having a black tank flush helped figure it out. Thank you everyone for your help.

2009 Sprinter 311BHS
Patrick and Brenda
Bigbeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote