Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Andymon

Hand crank the slide!

I can't find any info on if the slide on our 08 26 has some way of being able to hand crank the slide out or in. Anyone know?

Thanks!

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
dandjh1958

our "access port" is from under the trailer, roughly in the area of our outside grill.
We haven't gone looking for it yet and we also were told that it takes the same size socket as our stabs but again, we haven't tried it yet.

You might try to do a google search and see if you can find something in another forum or blog.
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
labs4life

It will be a 3/4 socket, but can't help you on exact location. Mine is in he center of each slide on he opposing side.ie, both slides are street side and manual operation is curb side.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

When you find the slide motor be sure to disconnect the battery before hand cranking. If not you can burn out the motor. If you follow the tube with the bell on the end of it under the slide it will point to the location of the motor. Not a very good description but I hope it helps.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
MarkS

There is a video on the keystonerv.com site. Click on the customer service tab. They show the various types of slide motors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

The 266 is the travel trailer version of our 242 fifth wheel. With the slide open, go to the back of the slide, look under it and you will see a steel arm with a "bell" on the end closest to the slide outside wall. Follow that steel arm all the way under the trailer and on the curb side (approximately under the kitchen sink) you will find the motor. Right behind the motor is a "bolt head" that a socket will fit on. Use a ratchet and the appropriate size socket to open or close the slide. As stated above, disconnect the battery before doing anything manual. I understand that there was a change in the size socket needed with the 2010 year model, so I don't know what size socket you RV needs.

If you do decide to close the slide using the hand crank method, plan an extra day at the campground, it takes forever to crank that many turns with a 3/8 inch ratchet.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote