Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Mike O

Newbie 5'ver...New Truck n Old Trailer

I bought me a used 2012 Dodge Ram SLT 6.7 just a few months ago and I figured I've never had a trailer before so I went and bought a used 2002 Keystone Laredo 27LRD 5th wheel to start out with. Well all I can say is when I went to Salt Lake City (160 miles) to pick it up off of an elderly Gentleman & Lady I was super surprised at the condition and on the way back home realized I didn't buy a big enough camper for my truck lol. I've already had some problems with it, mostly due to my ignorance of RV's, so I will be posting pretty often. I'm a disabled veteran and looking forward to some great trout fishing while using my trailer. Great site by the way!
Mike O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Many RVers are worried about having too big an RV for their truck so you are in the minority! Hopefully, all the problems you have had with your Laredo are small and they can be easily fixed. If we can help you out in any way, just ask. We have no limits on the number of questions a member can ask!

Wishing you tight lines and many enjoyable hours on the lakes and rivers.

Welcome to the group.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Outbackmel

Welcome

Have a 2008 6.7, towed c country 11000 lbs or so and often had to look in mirrors to ensure it was still there. At 63mph, 11 mi per gallon and loving every mile! Great motor.
Forum is super info venue. Be sure to use the search feature.
Be safe and enjoy.
Don't be rushed to upgrade. Kept our TT 2 years before moving to a new 36 ft fifth wheel in 2011. Even new ones have to be tweaked now and then.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Mike O

Not bragging...well maybe just a touch haha Yeah that 6.7 Cummins HO really surprised me. It just seemed hard to believe I could come up through some of the passes on Rt40 in Utah with no slow down at all. I think this 5ver will be just fine for us for a few years. It's just my wife, grandson and myself. Way more than enough room because it has the huge slide out sofa and table and then the kitchen on the opposite side slides out also giving about 10 ft of walk around room. I looked under the belly of the trailer when I bought it...this trailer wasn't used much and they sure were telling me the truth.
Mike O is offline   Reply With Quote