Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
rustyshackelford

Newbie...sounds to good to be true

First of all, thanks for any input. It is greatly appreciated.

I found a M325 for sale that claims it is a 2010 for under 15K. This seems like a discrepancy between asking prices (private seller) when comparing this same rv or even older ones. The listing doesn't say there is anything wrong with it and the images don't really show much either.

Just wondering if the asking price seems low to anyone else and what could possibly be wrong with. I know this is a loaded question and the answers can vary greatly.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and time in responding.
rustyshackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

First off check the vin# the 10th digit is the year "0" is 2010 "a" is 2011 and then byer beware!!! look for wavie body pannels and fresh overspray around the frame rails. good luck I have found over the years and i am old is that if it is too good to be true... then it most likly is good luck I forgot. run your hand over thefinnish, you will feel any over spray that was lwft when the paint blew past the masking tape and papoer
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
KanTC

Are you asking about a Cougar 325SRX, 5th wheel? If so, there are members here who own that model,
and may be able to offer some input. Do you know any specifics about optional added features, etc?

The 'low' end NADA figure is $24,000 without any options added -- although, if I remember correctly,
NADA tends to be a bit higher than the typical resale price for RV's. A $10,000 difference though??
I guess it's possible the seller simply needs money ASAP... who knows?
http://www.nadaguides.com/rvs/2010/k...25-srx/4114274

As SAABDOCTOR said, check (very carefully) for any obvious signs of repair or replaced items.
I'd suggest you look at as many photos online as possible of the same model - then compare.
New carpet? or new flooring?... wouldn't typically be necessary in a 2010. Missing graphics?...
although some graphics do fade/peel, 'missing' ones might be a sign of exterior repairs.

I don't know that a local RV dealer and/or Keystone can (or would?) tell you, but, if possible you
might inquire about any major repairs on this VIN #. It might be worth the extra money to pay a
qualified/experienced RV Tech to do a thorough inspection.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck!
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
azlee56

I knew some people that just had to get rid of one and the people that were looking really wanted it and really couldn't afford it, so the owners made it where they could. It was a sound unit too.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
rustyshackelford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
First off check the vin# the 10th digit is the year "0" is 2010 "a" is 2011 and then byer beware!!! look for wavie body pannels and fresh overspray around the frame rails. good luck I have found over the years and i am old is that if it is too good to be true... then it most likly is good luck I forgot. run your hand over thefinnish, you will feel any over spray that was lwft when the paint blew past the masking tape and papoer
Thanks Saabdr. I emailed the seller asking if they would provide the VIN#, but I haven't heard back. Good idea to check for over spray as I didn't think of that. I too am old (although my kids don't think so) and cranky so I agree if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Again, thanks for your response. I'll keep looking.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
rustyshackelford

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it. I did look up the Cougar on NADA before posting. I suppose I should have mentioned that. My apologies. That is what led to the original post.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
x96mnn

There seem to be a lot of too good to be true deals out there for trailers, cars and boats. I would not go near the ones that claim to be out of the country and need to sell as they are not coming back. Their friend will do the deal with you and after you pay....well i am sure you get were its going.

With all that said its a buyers market in a lot of areas.That camper is 10000pds plus so a limited market on who can haul that type of camper. I have seen some unreal deals.

Example of one, we are in Florida and there is a Dynaire fifth wheel there for 70K which was a deal in itself as they had the paperwork where they paid $136000 for it. This was in late 2010 and the trailer was a 2006 which was bough new by a couple for their retirement. Long storry short it had only been used 4 to 5 times due to illness. The trailer then went with the estate and was there for a couple years and and had been for sale a year. My friend looked at it and called to offer 25K to see if he could get a ball rolling on it and before he could say 5 in 25 they responded we will take it. He got the thing for 20K. I would never have believed it unless I was there.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

I am not saying run away from it just look it over very carefuly and maybe it could be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. looking only cost your free time. good luck!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #9
Bushman512000

was it in a flood?

Look at the floors are they flat or bumpy a sign of water swell.Also I am in Canada so may be different Your way. I would want to know of lean or bank loans against it any way to check that out?Or has it a title brand on it say repaired or write off, fire ,flood ,thieft recovery ,repop ,all are maby reason for a cheep price...Your move let Us know what You find out hope all is good Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote