Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2022, 03:35 AM   #1
Bob N

Solarflex 600i-L in My Cougar 25RDS

Good morning, all! I ordered the 600i-L Solarflex in my 25 RDS Cougar so that I could run my AC with battery power shortly before I arrive at a campsite so that the interior would begin to cool down. I have used the AC on previous trips, and it worked very well, other than the dirt and debris I get showered with every time I turn it on after traveling. I am preparing for a month long trip, and yesterday I tried to run the AC on battery power for the first time, and it would not come on. I checked the Battery Shunt info on the Victron app, and I had 100% charge on the 270AH battery, and voltage of 14.46. Is anyone familiar with this system and can offer any advice as to what I am doing wrong; and/or what I need to do other than turn it on with the iN-COMMAND. Since the literature on this package states that it includes soft start on my AC, and that running it on battery/solar power is doable; I am wondering what the factory may have left off of my new unit (April 8 delivery date)? I have had other issues with that. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you for the previous assistance.
2022 Cougar 25RDS with
600i-L Package
Blue Ox Track Pro WDH
Bob N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:50 AM   #2
blazchasr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
Good morning, all! I ordered the 600i-L Solarflex in my 25 RDS Cougar so that I could run my AC with battery power shortly before I arrive at a campsite so that the interior would begin to cool down. I have used the AC on previous trips, and it worked very well, other than the dirt and debris I get showered with every time I turn it on after traveling. I am preparing for a month long trip, and yesterday I tried to run the AC on battery power for the first time, and it would not come on. I checked the Battery Shunt info on the Victron app, and I had 100% charge on the 270AH battery, and voltage of 14.46. Is anyone familiar with this system and can offer any advice as to what I am doing wrong; and/or what I need to do other than turn it on with the iN-COMMAND. Since the literature on this package states that it includes soft start on my AC, and that running it on battery/solar power is doable; I am wondering what the factory may have left off of my new unit (April 8 delivery date)? I have had other issues with that. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you for the previous assistance.
I have a 22RBS with in-Command. I noticed when I stop avfter traveling my in-command has the system in "Travel Lock". I have to take it out of travel in order for the system to operate again, so I don't know if you can turn the AC on before you get to your destination. It may be you will have to stop, take it out of travel mode, start AC, then continue on. As far as the AC turning on, it sounds like you have enough "juice" to power it but not sure why it doesn't come on.
blazchasr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:58 AM   #3
Bob N

Thanks for the reply. after it wouldn't come on, I hooked up my Champion 4500W 30amp inverter/generator and the AC fired right up from the iN-Command and the app on my iPhone. Pretty strange deal.
2022 Cougar 25RDS with
600i-L Package
Blue Ox Track Pro WDH
Old 07-11-2022, 06:14 AM   #4
SD Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
Thanks for the reply. after it wouldn't come on, I hooked up my Champion 4500W 30amp inverter/generator and the AC fired right up from the iN-Command and the app on my iPhone. Pretty strange deal.
Check the top of the inverter, there is a rocker switch to turn on 😊
SD Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:01 AM   #5
Bob N

Thank you very much. What does the rocker switch control?
2022 Cougar 25RDS with
600i-L Package
Blue Ox Track Pro WDH
Old 07-11-2022, 05:46 PM   #6
SD Kitty

Mine is a three position switch…. Inverter on : inverter off : solar charge only

My Arcadia uses the disconnect to take the batteries out of use. To power my AC I turn the disconnect on then rock the switch on top of the inverter to on.

I forgot to rock the inverter switch las weekend and my wife wondered why the back AC wouldn’t come on…. I immediately remembered the rocker switch and all was good ����
SD Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, solar