Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2022, 09:34 AM   #1
BBird

Back Camera

Just got a new 3500 Ram Turbo diesel to pull my 2017 Fuzion M-371 Toy Hauler. I bought the option of a rear trailer camera that integrates with Ram camera system. It came with the camera and overr 40ft of cable. I am searching for the best place to mount the camera and route the cable. Has anyone had experience doing this? Please advise. BBird
BBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:54 AM   #2
scottv92

I have an Impact 311. I used an after market wired camera system. My rear camera is mounted at the center top rear at a level between the interior ceiling and the roof. I was able to route the cable over the ceiling by removing interior lights and fishing the cable from access point to access point to the front of trailer. By removing a front clearance light I was then able to get the cable down to the pin box in the area behind the front cover. Kind of a time consuming project but not that difficult. Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy the camera.
scottv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:54 AM   #3
BBird

Great advice. Thank you.
BBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:22 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I installed a wired rear camera system on my Cougar. It's a rear kitchen model, so there are upper cupboards to "hide the wiring run"...

I drilled a 3/4" hole for the camera wiring/connector to pass from the outside through the rear wall and then routed that wiring along the cupboard upper rear inside edge to the roadside wall, routed the wiring down to the trailer floor in the corner, drilled another hole and routed the wiring harness through the floor to a space under the trailer. I used zip-ties to attach the wiring harness to the frame rail, all the way to the front of the trailer, came up through the propane compartment to an existing hole and into the front passthrough. From there, I used a fiberglass "fish rod set" to get the camera connector inside the fiberglass overhang on the trailer and into the pinbox. From there, it's just a matter of connecting the tow vehicle monitor connector to the trailer camera connector.

Lots of zip-ties, a couple of "well thought out holes" and a few hours of laying on a creeper under the trailer.....

On your trailer, even if you don't have cupboards along the top rear wall, you can drill through, then use a cable run attached to the top of the rear wall or even to the ceiling to "hide and route the camera cable. Go to the sidewall corner, then down to the floor and exit the garage to under the trailer. From there, it's just a matter of finding suitable locations to secure the cable....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote